African American Weddings
Options

Summer 2011 Brides

Hey Summer 2011 Brides if you are sending out Save the Dates when are you doing it?

I was thinking about sending out mine right after the new year. Heck if I'm not busy they will be in the mail on January 2nd. I figtured there are some people who will be at the beginning of maybe planning summer vacations and great summer airfare and deals might be happening during that time so people can start looking. There are also many people who after the new year start to sort of plan their year, most times they don't totally follow through, but it gives them a slight outlook on the year to come so why not have that event already on their minds. Just my thoughts about sending them out.
Photobucket
"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
Janae & Olivier

Anniversary

Re: Summer 2011 Brides

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was told to send them out at least 6 months to 1 year before your wedding. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_summer-2011-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:eb7c8c16-2318-4eae-93bb-32040432c490Post:7e96757e-84fe-4e30-85ac-0e3e520f4c2b">Re: Summer 2011 Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was told to send them out at least 6 months to 1 year before your wedding. I hope this helps.
    Posted by KMB611[/QUOTE]

I've heard that too. I just figured the New Year would be a great stragetic time.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree. The New Year would be good too because people have a better idea of their plans for the year by then.
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah I was planning to send them out like december or january
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking I will send out them out in Feb.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are sending out STDs by September and our invitations in January or February at the latest.  (June 25th wedding)

Most of our guests will be from out of town, so we want to give them as much advance notice as possible.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is June 11th and I plan on sending mine out by November to give our family and friend some heads up as to not schedule vacations during that weekend.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

June 25th Bride here!!!! YAY!!! Mines are already out! We are having a destination Wedding!

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im june 11th also and i will be sending mine out in nov.  or december not sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards