African American Weddings
Options

centerpeice help

our reception is at the wicked spoon buffet in vegas. orgianlly i wasnt even going to both with centerpeices, but now I feel like the tables will look a little bare and they do not offer anything for the tables.  I dont want to do anything big or super crazy, since we have to travel from cleveland with all this stuff. FI gets 90% of fed ex shipping cuz he works for the airline, but im concerned that whether we ship or carry, if we do glass, something will break (i havent completely ruled out glass yet)

Do you have an ideas for something simple? I dont want to spend too much on them because I dont plan on bringing them home, and i dont want anything overly complictaed to set up.

Like i said, the wedding is in vegas and our theme is peacock, i would like to incorporate the peacock theme. I was thinking maybe a small candleholder with blue and purple water beads and a tea light or led light in the bottom, maybe a ribbon and peacock feather on the outside. but that sounds so boring and plain. we are also planning on having wedding mad libs at the tables as something fun for the quests to do.

the canlde holders at the dollar store are kinda small, so maybe just do the candle surrounded by ribbon on the table?

Ideally, i would like to do cylinder vases with the water beads and floating candles, but im nervous they will break!

here is the candle holder i am thinking
http://www.dollartree.com/floral-decor/Wholesale-Bulk-Candles-Holders-Votives/Rocks-Glass-Candle-Holders-4-inch/202c205c205p294384/index.pro

Re: centerpeice help

• Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_centerpeice-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc446a71-92f6-4c71-ab48-b0bb34b74a9aPost:42dda1a0-aa41-4570-bacc-b069e63f350d">centerpeice help</a>:
    [QUOTE]our reception is at the wicked spoon buffet in vegas. orgianlly i wasnt even going to both with centerpeices, but now I feel like the tables will look a little bare and they do not offer anything for the tables.  I dont want to do anything big or super crazy, since we have to travel from cleveland with all this stuff. FI gets 90% of fed ex shipping cuz he works for the airline, but im concerned that whether we ship or carry, if we do glass, something will break (i havent completely ruled out glass yet) Do you have an ideas for something simple? I dont want to spend too much on them because I dont plan on bringing them home, and i dont want anything overly complictaed to set up. Like i said, the wedding is in vegas and our theme is peacock, i would like to incorporate the peacock theme. I was thinking maybe a small candleholder with blue and purple water beads and a tea light or led light in the bottom, maybe a ribbon and peacock feather on the outside. but that sounds so boring and plain. we are also planning on having wedding mad libs at the tables as something fun for the quests to do. the canlde holders at the dollar store are kinda small, so maybe just do the candle surrounded by ribbon on the table? Ideally, <strong>i would like to do cylinder vases with the water beads and floating candles, but im nervous they will break!</strong> here is the candle holder i am thinking <a href="http://www.dollartree.com/floral-decor/Wholesale-Bulk-Candles-Holders-Votives/Rocks-Glass-Candle-Holders-4-inch/202c205c205p294384/index.pro" rel="nofollow">http://www.dollartree.com/floral-decor/Wholesale-Bulk-Candles-Holders-Votives/Rocks-Glass-Candle-Holders-4-inch/202c205c205p294384/index.pro</a>
    Posted by soontobehasrouni[/QUOTE]

How far in advance will you get there? I would just head to a Dollar Tree in Vegas and buy the vases if thats what you really really want.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options

The last one is from pier 1 which you could put candles on. Additionally there were a few other peacock items at pier one that might be nice nonglass centerpieces

or these

This grouped with plain candles maybe 1 in each "centerpiece grouping"

you could do clear/wooden bowls filled with:

Oh crap I'm getting carried away....... but you get the idea
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    im scared they wont have what i need, i know the one by me never has the same stuff they have online and they simple stuff they should have, like the cylinder vases!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_centerpeice-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:bc446a71-92f6-4c71-ab48-b0bb34b74a9aPost:ce808ff7-1e4e-4336-8006-bdff11778591">Re: centerpeice help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to centerpeice help : How far in advance will you get there? I would just head to a Dollar Tree in Vegas and buy the vases if thats what you really really want.
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I didnt know you was a color twin too..me and Casey are doing peacock too ! Here is  a pic of the middle cylinder. It will be filled with water and floating candle. There will be 2 others on the sides. Maybe you can do something similar. I agree maybe go to dollar tree in Vegas and then give them away as a souviner. 

imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Options
    You can order them online and have them shipped to the dollar tree in Vegas closest to your hotel for free or directly to the wicked spoon or your hotel and just donate them to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards