July 2013 Weddings
Options

Accountability

I've been talking about it forever and have decided that there is no time like the present, I'm going to switch to clean eating with 1 cheat day per week and start doing C25k tomorrow.  I need to go to the store today anyways, and plan on reorganizing my food cubbards putting all of the cleaner foods at eye level and the less-clean foods hidden below the couter.

e-pics are planned for 6 weeks from now.  This will be a good thing.

Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Accountability

• Options
    ok ill ask u bout it periodically lol
  • Options
    I'm with you lady!! I am just starting week 4 of the C25K today and I already feel amazing! I shall be your virtual running buddy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm trying to do something similar, I want to kick off 30 pounds before the wedding (and honeymoon), and I SUCK at dieting.

Right now my kitchen is COVERED with pics of bikini models from a catalogue, and motivational slogans.  Also, I'm writing what I eat on a white board every day. 
  • Options
    Maybe we should have a weekly accountability thread for girls who are interested.
  • Options
    I started C25K last Friday! We'll be pretty much at the same point throughout - yay! 

I suck at eating well, although I am getting better. I've swapped my morning bagel for a morning mostly fruit and some yogurt smoothie with almond milk, flax, and hemp hearts most mornings. Delish! I'm just trying to eat more fresh food and less processed food in general. We'll see how it goes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2012
    I[QUOTE]I'm with you lady!! I am just starting week 4 of the C25K today and I already feel amazing! I shall be your virtual running buddy!
    Posted by missquela[/QUOTE]

Good deal.  Huskies are runners, too, so I'll have a fluffy running buddy as well.  She's always a lot more pleasant to be around when she's had enough exercise, lol.  I need to order some canicross gear for her.

[QUOTE]I'm trying to do something similar, I want to kick off 30 pounds before the wedding (and honeymoon),<strong> and I SUCK at dieting.</strong> Right now my kitchen is COVERED with pics of bikini models from a catalogue, and motivational slogans.  <strong>Also, I'm writing what I eat on a white board every day. 
    </strong>Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

I suck at dieting too.  I think that's one of the great things about clean eating - it's really *not* a diet.  Its just cooking more and eating more raw, unprocessed foods.  Essentially you just have to make time to prep meals and stay out of the "aisles" of the grocery store.  For our local grocery, straight in the front door is the produce, along that wall is the deli counter, at the end of that wall down the back wall is the meat counter and then the juice/dairy section, the next corner is the organic foods, and then the freezer aisle takes you right back to the front of the store.  I also need to get aquainted with where the local butchers and farmers markets are and I'll have to take a trip to our local health foods store to see what they carry there that might be better than the grocer.  I might "pressure" FI to go hunting this fall so we can have some venison.  He's been wanting to go for several years but hasn't for whatever reason.  Wallet + waistline sound like a good reason to me!  I might have to look into getting our chest freezer fixed or buying a new one to put in our garage.

[QUOTE]Maybe we should have a weekly accountability thread for girls who are interested.
    Posted by Gabrielle76[/QUOTE]

We can totally do that.  And Sunday marks our 1 year mark as a board so its super fitting to start then!

[QUOTE]I started C25K last Friday! We'll be pretty much at the same point throughout - yay!  I suck at eating well, although I am getting better. I've swapped my morning bagel for a morning mostly fruit and some yogurt smoothie with almond milk, flax, and hemp hearts most mornings. Delish! <strong>I'm just trying to eat more fresh food and less processed food in general.</strong> We'll see how it goes. 
    Posted by Beads921[/QUOTE]

Me too.  I think its going to end up helping so many more things besides just how I look in my dress.  Energy levels, mood, digestion, wallet.  The list could go on and on!
  • Options
    I meant to start C25K but I've been using asthma as an excuse. However, I do workout a lot! At home and about once a week at them gym.

I have a miserable diet though. If there is any sugar in the house it goes into my mouth. Well, not PURE sugar but close enough. FI bought FOUR 1 pound boxes of Lucky Charms because he found a coupon that was "buy four 1 pound general mills cereal and get $3 off two gallons of milk." He said he bought the Lucky Charms because they are my favorite. Okay, that's sweet and all but get something healthier! Yeesh! I made him take the last box to work after I realized I finished the other three in about a month... Embarassed Embarassing.

But at the same time, I don't eat very much. I try to avoid food because I have a problem with overeating. I make sure I eat breakfast everday but I miss lunch a lot.

I am definitely interested in having a weekly accountability thread! It's good to have other people to help motivate you!
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    More then anything I need to get fit.  I already eat healthier then most people but I am still really bad because I have this massive sweet tooth and I like to keep eating.  And when it comes to exercise I walk the dog 3 times a day and find myself needing more.  I have a desk job and I sit at the computer for most of my days recently especially now that Ive started wedding planning.  This weekend I lost weight just from cleaning my house but now Ive gained it all back now that we are in the middle of the work week.  I need someone to hold me accountable or I will never get into the shape I am trying to be in for the wedding. 

May I also ask what is this C25K?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    eyes98eyes98 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I would be interested in an accountability thread too!
  • Options
    C25k is the couch to 5k program. Basically its working up to running 3.1 miles in small jog then walk then jog intervals. I used to run and I havent in almost a year!! My fi LOVES to cook and Ive caught myself quazi yelling at him at times that he cant keep up with that lol or we'll both gain weight. Much like the rest of you I also have a GINORMOUS sweet tooth. If theres any candy around itll be in my mouth faster than you can ask what that is lol Im going to attempt at clean eating tomorrow. Basically we both took a few days off to celebrate our anniversary and we've been grilling, road tripping..which means snacks are welcome lol..and doing all things other than watching what we eat. Tomorrow though! I swear it! I even threw out the last of the swedish fishies and gummy bears I had stashed. The only thing left was pb cups in the freezer for those pmsing moments haha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Do any of you ladies have a fitocracy account?
    July 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Accessories photo _7466333.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    No. I've never heard if it. Is that similarto extrapounds or myfitnesspal?
  • Options
    Kind of. Basically it's a place to track your exercises. There are different groups to join and they sometimes set up challenges. I find it very motivating because you earn points from your workouts and can level up. There are also quests and acheivements to complete. It has a video game type feel to it, except you play as yourself in real life.
  • Options
    I'm all for an accountability thread! FH and I are working together so we can both loose weight for the start of our new life together. :) At 25, I've already had two knee surgeries and have been ordered not to run on pavement/cement whatsoever if I want to avoid a total knee replacement. So, I am getting back in the pool to shape myself up. I swam varsity in HS, and swam laps in college for fitness by since moving away from campus (and a free lap pool to swim in) I've not been in the pool in a LONG time. There is an awetsome swim center down the road from our new townhouse in Maryland so I plan on getting in the pool at least three times a week and doing my Bridalicious Boot Camp DVD's on my out of pool days. :) 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_accountability?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:a9f0e81a-f030-40e4-b001-9e77c952400bPost:699c4bb0-5b29-405b-9db2-73f12df3c231">Re:Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]C25k is the couch to 5k program. Basically its working up to running 3.1 miles in small jog then walk then jog intervals. I used to run and I havent in almost a year!! My fi LOVES to cook and Ive caught myself quazi yelling at him at times that he cant keep up with that lol or we'll both gain weight. Much like the rest of you I also have a GINORMOUS sweet tooth. If theres any candy around itll be in my mouth faster than you can ask what that is lol Im going to attempt at clean eating tomorrow. Basically we both took a few days off to celebrate our anniversary and we've been grilling, road tripping..which means snacks are welcome lol..and doing all things other than watching what we eat. Tomorrow though! I swear it! I even threw out the last of the swedish fishies and gummy bears I had stashed. The only thing left was pb cups in the freezer for those pmsing moments haha.
    Posted by Getting2Vowels[/QUOTE]

Its been a year since Ive been really running too!  I have actually run a couple of 5Ks since I graduated college 3 years ago.  Then things changed last year and I just stopped.  Ive lost 10 to 15 pounds already but I haven't started running and I really need and want to.  I miss it I do.  I looked up online the C25K thing and its awesome.  Im thinking about starting this weekend.  IT should be perfect for me since I have asthma and I have to slowly work myself up to running again. And as for the eating we like really healthy food by when it comes to the weekends its almost like we can't help it and have to be bad. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards