Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bachelorette party question!

So I am a bridesmaid in my friends wedding, I am planning her bachelorette party and am thinking about getting a hotel suite.  I was thinking that there was only going to be tops 15 people at the party.. well i asked the bride for a list and she came back with about 25 people. 
She says she doesn't want everyone invited to the hotel for the beginning festivites but some to just be invited out.. the suite would be for only some of us to stay (like 8 of us) how do i put that on the invitation that the hotel/suite is just for the festivities and games before we go out on the town?- we are covering the expenses ourselves (me and the other BM's) so no one is being charged to come, just to pay their own way while we are out... do i need to put in there that if they want to stay they will have to book their own room?? or just not say anything regarding that?

Re: Bachelorette party question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Vegas for my Bachelorette. My sister (MOH) and another BM booked a room for the bridal party (five of us total). When they contacted the other people I asked them to invite on the trip, they told them what hotel we are staying at and what flight we were taking and told them they were free to book the same stuff, or they could book somewhere else if they found a better deal.

I think just simply stating "this is where we are staying if anyone else wants to book a room for the evening" should be sufficient. That way it is implied that the room is just for the 8 of you without actually saying "this room is only for us, you can't stay here!" 
  • Options
    I don't think it's all that uncommon to ask people for the drinks that you might not invite to stay overnight in the same room, especially if you'd be picking up the tab. If its only the bridal party staying in the suite, you could just say "please join us for drinks at xx bar on xx day to celebrate our friend's upcoming wedding! If you need accomodations for the night, the bridal party will be staying at x hotel". You could possibly suggest everyone meeting up for breakfast the next day, to keep the fun going.

But if you are paying for some non-BP guests to stay with you and not others, it might be hard to draw the line without offending some people.

In some places it's actually fairly typical to do this for the wedding itself - some people will be invited to the ceremony/reception and others invited for the "afters", drinks and dancing going late into the evening. I was invited to a wedding where my then-BF (now fiance) could only come to the afters. It sounds rude to some but it's a hell of a way to trim your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards