May 2012 Weddings
Options

Monday Madness!

Someone posts a word and we all dicuss it!

Re: Monday Madness!

• Options
    Day after your wedding (ok it is a few words!)
  • Options
    Should be relaxing.. saying bye to friends and family.. opening cards and just adjusting to being a wife instead of a fiancée like I have been for a year and 3 months =o)

What is going to suck for us is that our honeymoon is a week after our wedding so we are going to work the Monday after our wedding. EHH I set it up like that with the understanding it was going to suck but the closer it gets.. the more and more I want to take off that Monday at least. I have enough days but our honeymoon is almost 2 weeks so I don't want to leave my work hanging =o)
  • Options
    bpphoto785bpphoto785 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We're hosting a brunch for our OOT friends and family then we'll do little things like drop our stuff at our apartment and deposit any checks from the wedding. That night we're going out to a nice dinner and taking a nap because we have to leave for the airport at midnight!
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are leaving bright and early for our honeymoon. Most of the day will be spent in the car driving to our hotel. We are traveling about 8+ hours away and check in is not until 3-5 pm. It will be a good time for us to reflect on the day before and enjoy being husband and wife. Plus this is the first real vacation we have had together and without parents.
  • Options

We have absolutely no plans for the day after our wedding.  The wedding night will be the first night I spend in our house (the verdict is still out if FI will move in before I do). Our honeymoon isn't for 3 weeks, so we have to head back to work on Monday.  I figure we will open any gifts we recieved on Saturday night and spend the day relaxing.  Maybe cook a nice dinner since it will be our first day together in our home.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are hosting a brunch at the hotel the following morning but other than that, we have no plans. Our wedding is on the 5th and we aren't leaving for our honeymoon until the 24th but I still took off that following Monday. I see a lot of naps in our future for that day :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My parents are hosting a gift opening for us, just with our immediate family. And I am hoping to chop my hair off and donate it.. its been driving me crazy!
    Then we leave early in the morning on Sunday for the honeymoon!! Woo hoo :)
  • Options
    We'll probably have breakfast with the bridal party to say goodbye and thank you for everything. Head back to our venue site to pick up everything we brought in then head to my parents house to open our gifts. We'll probably open the cards that night or in the morning in our hotel room. Then we'll head back home to take care of any last minute things before leaving for our honeymoon on Monday. Looking forward to just lounging around with my hubby!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    We don't really have much planned. We may or may not have brunch with family- not sure yet. Then we'll had back home and probably open gifts. Thankfully, we'll have 2 days to relax after the wedding since we have that Monday off for Memorial day :)  And we leave for our honeymoon a week later!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    We will be driving to our honeymoon place and enjoying being husband and wife the whole way there!! It should only be three hour drive then we will find some fun entertainment around town. :)
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    Haven't really planned out what we'll do. I would love to have a brunch with the bridal party and start packing for the honeymoon
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are having a casual breakfast at the hotel with whatever guests want to come. Nothing formal though. We will be flying back to NC that afternoon. Then we leave bright & early for the HM on Monday! Yay!
  • Options
    I really hope we can just relax and enjoy our first full day as husband and wife. :)  We'll most likely just lounge around and open any gifts/cards from the night before, and maybe have a mini BBQ since it's Memorial Day weekend.  We'll be leaving early Monday morning to drive to our HM in Traverse City, MI...it's about a 7-8 hr drive.
  • Options
    Sunday will be a day of relaxation! Probably will have breakfast with family before they leave town and then spend the rest of the day opening gifts, etc. Then that night I will be watching the 2-hour series finale of Desperate Housewives (sad face)....FI (or shall I say HUSBAND) will most likely watch it with me lol 

I took Monday off work too to have an extra day to unwind. We aren't going on our HM until August.

As much as I am looking forward to our wedding day...I'm also very excited for the day after too
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'm still debating on hosting a brunch for OOT guests and/or BP.  At the least, I'd like to try to meet people in the hotel's restaurant to say goodbye.  Then we'll open gifts and relax, and probably try to spend time with any family that is staying an extra night.  If time allows, I'll probably log into TK to tell you all about my wedding. :) Monday morning we're off for our honeymoon. 
    I am really, really excited for May 6th! 
  • Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    We'll be relaxing in a hotel with a view of the beach that morning, and board the cruise ship that afternoon!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We'll be leaving for our honeymoon...our flight leaves from Chicago at 6:40pm, so we'll need to leave our house around 2pm.  Probably sleep in a bit, say goodbye to everyone, open our gifts at our house, then finish packing for our honeymoon & leave!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My mom & grandma are hosting a brunch. So we will be attending that, obviously. Then we will be spending the rest of the day hanging out with our son before we have to leave him for our HM on Monday :( I'm already stressing out about it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards