Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Anyone look hire someone to do the album layout?

hI,
We have an album as part of our photographer package.  We absolutely loved our picutres but weren't really happy with the album layout that was presented to us.  I have been looking ot hire a graphics person to do this for us.  Has anyone else done this?    Any recommendations?

Re: Anyone look hire someone to do the album layout?

• Options
    GolfChick78GolfChick78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've not (I'm not married yet plus we were pretty impressed with the sample designs our photogarpher showed us) and I'm sure you could do this.  The challenge will be finding a designer with wedding album experience.

I did a quick web search and found these guys:  http://wedoodledo.com/. Don't know anything about them or how much it costs, but their work looks beautiful.

Have you tried talking to your photographer?  Did you like the designs of his other albums?

• Options
    ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    have you talked with your photographer about this? i'm willing to bet that he isn't going to print someone else's design in an album. i would express how you feel about the album and see if you can compromise. 
  • Options
    sisemansiseman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the link...that particular place isn't accepting new clients at this time. 

We absolutely loved the sample albums that he showed us, but it looked very different from the intial layout that he provided.  He asked to be very specific iwth the changes that we wanted, but I felt like for most of the pages, it would be working from scratch.  Plus, I  wouldn't know exactly what editing would make a picture look better (filters, color, etc.) I also don't really want to bother him since our wedding was over 2 years ago and he seems so busy with his current brides. 

At this point, i just want to chalk it up and pay someone else to do the layout, then provide to him to put into the album.   
     Thanks for your reply and good luck with the rest of your planning.
  • Options
    ceeceed80ceeceed80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gotcha. :)

there are a bunch of album design firms that are out there. 

these are just a few that my brother told me about. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check with a local profession photo lab a lot of them will make it for you from your images and will let you review it before printing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards