Michigan-Detroit

Wedding Guest Book

So i know now days people are doing the photo booth and making a scrap book and people signing next to there name. This is a great idea but we just can't fit it into the budget right now. I had this idea and wanted to get ur feedback and maybe what you had done yourself.

My Idea: On Shutterfly they have an option to make your own photo book so I thought about putting pictures of me and fiances childhood growing up and also our years together and people sign next to the pictures on blank pages. It would be a really nice hard cover book and get colored gel pens and such.

What do you think? What did you do?

Re: Wedding Guest Book

• edited December 2011
    We did one similar to that, I love it! IMO, I'll definitely look through it more than I would a traditional guest book.
    Updated 9/21/2010
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    377 Invited image
    338 Ready to rock image
    40 Party poopers image
    0 still making up their minds image
  • elff20elff20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How did you scan yor pictures (from childhood)? with a regualr scanner? How did they turn out on a site like Shutterfly?
  • mlmamomlmamo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did something similar on mixbook.com. I used our engagement pics and other pics we had taken together over the 2.5 years we dated prior to our wedding. It turned out beautiful and everyone loved it!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Idea!!!!
     We did the same thing from Kodak.com.  We made our own alum and we will have the guests all sign the pages.  We are just using pictures that we have had taken since we started dating including our engagement photos.   My mom also suggested taht we take a picture of the church to put on the last page that says To be Continued....  We are doing the same thing with our wedding pictures instead of having the photographer make an album.  This way its like $300 cheaper.  
  • edited December 2011
    Since we are having a fall wedding, we wanted to do something to incorporate that in our guest book.
    FI's cousin is a great artist and we are having her paint a pretty "fall picture" with the main focus on two big trees with branches (no leaves), having one branch on each touch in the middle to form a heart. In the heart we will have our names and wedding date. Then we are going to either have small fall colored leaves cut out for people to sign and place on the tree, OR have fall colored inks and let people use a fingerprint to make a leaf then sign the print (with wipes near by). That could be a little complex, but who knows!
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
  • edited December 2011
    We also made a photo book guest book, but like others, just with engagement pics, which I already had in high res digital files, so that was easy.  

However, I have scanned my own baby pics before, then ordered prints of them, and they turned out remarkably well!  I used my own scanner/printer combo thing.  Just set it to scan at the highest resolution possible.  It's slow going but it works!

Just one more word of advice - I have recently ordered two photo books, one from shutterfly and one from www.mypublisher.com.  The one from my publisher was a little bit more, but the quality is 10x better!  To save a little money, sign up for emails from them and watch for a coupon, they'll have one eventually.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards