Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Vendor Meals

My venue fortunately offers vendor meals.  My two photographers will be there for 8 hours so they will both get a meal.  Who else should I consider/is typically there long enough we should feed them?

Re: Vendor Meals

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone that is staying for the recetion like your DJ/band and officiant.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would seat the officiant at a table and feed her/him the same meal as you offer your guests (basically treat the officiant like a guest at your reception).  I would absolutely not feed the officiant a vendor meal. 

Vendor meals are for people that are working at the reception--band/DJ, photographer, videographer, wedding planner (if independent from the venue), and any assistants to these vendors.  
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_vendor-meals-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:2038ab6b-9316-47e0-81c4-7425e8736ca2Post:e5642c04-46ac-4dff-9266-46d35bdffd27">Re: Vendor Meals</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I would seat the officiant at a table and feed her/him the same meal as you offer your guests (basically treat the officiant like a guest at your reception).</strong>  I would absolutely not feed the officiant a vendor meal.  Vendor meals are for people that are working at the reception--band/DJ, photographer, videographer, wedding planner (if independent from the venue), and any assistants to these vendors.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, I should have clarified.  Yes, the officiant is seated with the guests and is fed the same meal as your guests.  I meant to say that anyone that is there for your reception should be fed (as opposed to not feeding your vendors).  All other working vendors during the reception should be seated separately and fed a "vendor meal". 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We fed our vendors (all those that stayed during the reception) the same meal as the guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help!  We aren't having a DJ and having a friend officiate so guess I can just feed the photographers.  We love them so if we can swing it I'll feed them like the rest of the guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please feed your photographer the same meal as your guests. Like you said they will be working for 8 hours and the vendor meal is often just a sandwich. You are counting on them to document your day... make sure they are feeling taken care of.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards