Texas-San Antonio

Vendor Reviews 9-10-11

I just got married this past weekend and the wedding went wonderfully!  It was well worth all the hours and stress :).  Here are my opinions about the vendors we chose - overall everything went well and we really liked our vendors!

Venue:  Hofmann Ranch in Castroville  A+
The venue is gorgeous and is perfect for elegant country weddings.  Everyone kept commenting on how beautiful everything was.  Charlotte is the lady in charge of the Grande Hall, and most of the time she is nice.  There are some rules that she has that are meant to protect her facility, and I understand the necessity of the rules but she can be kind of unpleasant when enforcing them.  Gary, the caterer, is absolutely delightful and so helpful!  He has good advice about all aspects of the wedding and we loved working with him.

Photography:  Phenom Photography (Reggie)  A+
We LOVE LOVE LOVE Reggie.  He is an absolute pleasure to work with and all of our pictures (engagement, bridal, and the sneak peak of the wedding) have turned out wonderfully.  We are really looking forward to seeing the rest of our pictures. 

DJ:  Texas Entertainment (Christian)  A+
Christian did a great job with all of the music and was a great entertainer throughout the evening.  The dance floor was always full and he made sure that we were happy throughout the entire process.  Travis (the owner) is also great to work with and helped me pick out a lot of the music when I couldn't decide.   

Bakery:  Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery A+
We got a white cake with bavarian cream and strawberry bavarian cream icing, and cheesecake for the groom's cake.  Between the cake and cheesecake we had 456 slices for 350 people - and we only got to bring home about 10 slices!!!! Both the cake and cheesecake were delicious and beautifully decorated.  You have to go to the location at 1604/281 to get Mary Jane (the cake decorator).  She and her husband Tom are both very nice to work with.

Photobooth:  Paparazzo Photobooth A+
All of the guests had a great time in the photobooth, including my new hubby and I!  I can't wait to see the scrapbook of all the pictures that our guests took - it will be so fun to see the fun our guests were having that we didn't get to see.  Rene is super nice and friendly!

Florist:  Fresh Urban Flowers (Brooke Harris)  A
I was really excited to work with Brooke because she is very nice and listened to everything I wanted.  My bouquet for my bridal portraits was absolutely beautiful!  The one for the wedding day was slightly different, but I think that maybe this drought is affecting the flowers available.  The bridesmaids bouquets had some extra greenery stuff that we did not discuss and I thought it was ugly, so my bridesmaids removed some of it.  Overall all the flowers looked good, I just didn't know why she added that extra stuff! 

Tuxes:  Rex Formalwear D-
We debated about whether the guys should wear tuxes or just matching shirts and pants because of the outrageous costs of tuxes.  Eventually we decided it was easier for everyone to rent the same thing, and Rex gave us a decent deal  (only about $15 cheaper than everywhere else - not worth it).  We had a large order, 12 tuxes, and they messed up about 8 of them.  It was ridiculous - our best man and one of the groomsmen missed the rehearsal because they were at the tux place for 2 hours trying to get the right tuxes.  I realize that 9-10-11 was a popular date and they were busy, but that isn't an excuse!  And they told our best man (who returned the grooms tux and an ushers tux) that they didn't give them a deposit - when we clearly have a receipt saying both of them put down the $20 cash deposit.  I'm going over there tonight to get it, we gave them plenty of money already without them keeping the deposits!

Hope this was helpful - please let me know if you have any questions about any of our vendors or want their contact info!  And here is our sneak peak from Reggie :).  

Re: Vendor Reviews 9-10-11

• kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update on Rex - went into the store and the lady showed us the receipt where it says that $20 was paid out, but it doesn't say to who or when.  She said she would talk to the bookkeeper, they called the next day to ask for our address to mail a check! 
  • edited December 2011
    I know Brooke Harris personally... she does great work
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards