June 2013 Weddings

Another June 2012 Bride

Hi everyone! I remember I posted a while ago saying I'd check in after the wedding. Here's a link to the pics I posted on the June 2012 board:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_aw-pro-pics

My advice to you is this:

Make sure you take a moment to stop and take it all in. The day flew by for me and I honestly don't remember much (though catering did serve us a bottle of champagne for dinner so that may have contributed ;))

Don't leave things until the last minute, even if they're just small things. The only things I needed to do the day before were to get a nice pen for the guestbook (forgot about it), get my ring cleaned one last time, go for our manis/pedis, and the rehearsal/dinner. For like two weeks before that the only things I needed to do were pay the vendors.

Even if you aren't paying for the wedding and don't have complete control over everything, make sure you at least know all the details. I was in control of everything except the chairs and chair covers, and things went off without a hitch because I double-checked with vendors to make sure they knew the times and what they were supposed to do. It made the wedding day a lot less stressful, since I felt confident that everyone would show up and do what they were supposed to do, because I made sure they knew.

If your venue offers a DOC, take advantage of it! We had one (they did the catering, too). Even if you have to pay for them seperately, it's worth it. It's just some peace of mind because they will handle all the vendors the day of.

Good luck, and happy planning!
Photobucket Anniversary

Re: Another June 2012 Bride

• You look beautiful!

Thanks for the advice! It's really nice of you girls to pop in and give us some tips. My DOC handles all my vendors but I will definitely make sure she keeps me in the loop.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for dropping by!! I love that you managed to have next to nothing to do the day beforehand. That's definitely what I'm going for and it's good to hear that it's do-able.
  • Love your pictures, and thank you for stopping by with some great advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sparkles776sparkles776 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    love your pictures and thanks for the great advice! My venue doesnt provide a DOC, so I will most likely be hiring one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks for the advice! It is appreciated.

Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

imageimage
    August Sig 2012 ? FI and I Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Chris ? Louisa
  • Our venue doesn't provide one and we don't have the money for one, but I'm sure we'll manage. Anyways thanks for stopping in and offering advice though. Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards