Georgia-Atlanta

Date Night Wedding Shower

Hi Ladies,

I'm sure this exists already, but I was hoping for some feed back from you guys.  My FI and I really have a lot of the stuff we will need for our household, minus a few appliances, so my registry won't be very large.  One thing that I think is very important for couples is to still go out on dates.  It's just something special you two can do to get out of the house and the routine of life and enjoy each other.  So one of the shower ideas I would love to have is a Date Night Wedding Shower, where everyone brings gift cards for restaurants, movie theaters, maybe some driving range passes, things we can do together and keep that "spark" of romance that tends to fade after you have known each other for a while.  What do you think?  Corny or cool?

Thanks Ladies!

Re: Date Night Wedding Shower

• lucyslovedlucysloved member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I like it. Just remember that most GC's expire or start to lose value after 12 months so you might have to have a lot of date nights (which is AWESOME!) so they don't go to waste. IMO HTH!
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, lucysloved
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • edited December 2011
     I did this for my shower back in September and it has been awesome! We received a ton of gift cards for the movies, restaurants, and just like general AMEX gift cards to do whatever we want. People also got really creative which was cool. One of my friends gave us a basket with everything we need for a night under the stars (bottle of wine and glasses, blanket, chocolates, book on constellations). Another friend got us a pair of wine glasses with "Date Night" engraved on them. So the idea is whenever one of us wants to have a date night, we set out the glasses in the morning to let the other one know...I thought it was really creative and cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards