June 2013 Weddings
Options

Batman

I went to see Batman with FI and son while on vaca this past weekend. All I could do was think about how I would try to protect my family, even though I knew the threat was highly unlikely. I read that  the @hole started attacking within 30min of the start and there were a few scary, violent scenes early on in the movie that I imagine may have been playing while all the real shooting was happening. It was sad to think about.
I know it's not wedding related, but it's on my mind.
June 2013 Sig

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Batman

• Options
    It's stupid, but I think im afraid to go see that movie, only because some other nut might have thought to be a copy cat.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm with you ash.  I know it's totally irrational, but I feel like I'm probably not going to the theatres for a while.
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I got nervouse when we saw it. They said he attacked during the scene where the police and the bad guys are fighting and the gas bombs go off. During that scene I got real tense and started looking around. You can't not think about it at some point during the movie. Did you see Christian Bale went and visited all the victims in the hospital and attended the first funeral? I thought that was really considerate of him. 
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

Yes, I did see the news about Christian Bale today, and I agree that it was considerate of him. And I also heard the news that the murderer supposedly has some mental issues. I think he still deserves to be fully accountable for what he did, mental issues or not. Very sad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter had gone the same night to the midnight premier showing in our area.  Before she left, well actually every time she leaves to go out, I say to her "no drinking and driving and be aware of your surroundings", she said to me "mom, c'mon, it's the movies".  The next morning while she was still asleep I saw the news and my heart sunk to the pit of my stomach.  As a mother, I have enough nightmares.  I can not imagine what those famiies are going through.  I can't read a story about a victim and not start to cry. 
    June 2013 * March Siggy Challenge * Shoes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I went to see Batman last Sat. Before the shootings I had really been looking forward to this movie in particular, as geeky as that sounds. I normally love the movies. My FI and I usually see something, good, bad or indifferent, most every weekend just for the heck of it. But this time it was different. It took me about a half hour to really relax, even though that feeling was completely irrational. Even deciding to go to that movie after what happened felt wierd, but I eventually decided screw it, I'm not going to let someone like that terrorize me. I guess you could say that deciding to go was my way of saying that while he commited a terrible crime, he wasn't going to get to me. THAT is probably way irrational.
  • Options
    Freaky!

• Options
    I am definitely waiting to see this till it comes out on DVD =\ I already narrowly avoided being a victim of a shooting.. don't need the anxiety of worrying about a copy cat going to see this :S
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That is amazing of Christian Bale. This must be difficult for him because of the death of Heath Ledger and now this. I'm sure he's feeling a link between the movies and real life tragedy.

n3rdl3t: What happened? I don't blame you for wanting to sit this one out.
    June 2013 Sig

• Options

My FI and I went to see it last Saturday. Even with the shooting I didn't feel any anxiety. People can't go thru life being afraid of things they have no control over. I'm sure if someone had known the guy was crazy then it may have been avoided. Honestly, people are in danger EVERYWHERE they go. If everything I saw on the news scared me I would end up never leaving the house. All anyone can do is be aware of their surroundings and hope for the best.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was in the next room over not 5 minutes before the NIU shooting a few years ago.. Luckily I had finished my exam early and left :S

I still have anxiety attacks even driving past the campus.. just a horrible tragedy =\
    June 2013 - July Sig Challenge - Venue

Photobucket Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2013-weddings_batman?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f30b0bfc-508d-415c-bf59-ab83e327da37Discussion:d6804b38-18cb-4bed-a4f3-5bbb218f7e7ePost:6053a71d-27ba-4921-ae33-af10bda686e4">Re: Batman</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was in the next room over not 5 minutes before the NIU shooting a few years ago.. Luckily I had finished my exam early and left :S I still have anxiety attacks even driving past the campus.. just a horrible tragedy =\
    Posted by n3rdl3t[/QUOTE]

I just read more about it on Wiki. It's baffling to read that no one saw it coming and that his gf considered him to be the sweetest person. So strange. I'm glad you were out of there when it all happened.
    June 2013 Sig

• Options

n3rdl3t- Oh wow!!! I can't even imagine.

I won't go see it. Not because I'm afraid of a copy cat, but because my heart breaks for the victims and the families eveytime I hear anything about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards