Canada-Ontario

who to invite to the shower?

are you having a shower? are you inviting every one? I have some friends that are only my friends because of my fiance.  if he and I werent together, I may stop being friends with these girls (their husbands are friends with him) However, over the last few years, we have all joined a book club together. 
in short, is it wrong not to include everyone? or should I keep it small?

Re: who to invite to the shower?

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine to keep it small, and invite only family and YOUR friends. It sounds like you're not super close to them, so I doubt that they would expect to be invited anyway.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I am having the same issue. I do not know who to invite to my shower or how many people to invite. I have a huge family and lots of friends. His family is from outside of Canada so I am hosting it close to the wedding so his mother and SIL can come. My aunt is hosting it. Showers are usually a bride thing so if you are not close to them, don't invite them. I would discuss it with your fiance and see what he says. If they say anything, tell them you wanted to do something small. At the end of the day, the shower is yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards