Rhode Island

Outdoor Ceremony

We've booked The Towers for our wedding and had wanted to do a one-stop-shop thing and have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all there.  In talking with Kate Vivian, she recommended doing the ceremony inside, cocktail hour out, and the reception back in (obviously).  We really want to have an outside ceremony if weather permits...Do people do outdoor ceremonies at The Towers?  

If not, does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Outdoor Ceremony

• Hi! I work at the Towers and also did a "one stop shop" there as well. I will suggest the same thing as kate - having the ceremony indoors. From experience, there is a lot of traffic on that road so there is a lot of noise. Also there are also a lot of people watching, which would have made me uncomfortable. It is entirely your choice, there are many ceremonies out there, but personally, the negatives outweigh the positives.
  • I use to be a wedding planner and I wouldn't have an outdoor ceremony at the towers.  Too much road noise.  Don't forget if you have cocktail or ceremony outside you need to plan on having music.  Most DJ's or bands will charge extra for an additional setup.  Feel free to call or email the DJ i used for my wedding and using for my bff's wedding.  DJ MaShane (http://www.djmashane.com) There prices are great and they only charge a couple extra hundred for the additional setup.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards