African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Themes??

Is it necessary to have one and I dont even know what kinda theme i want my wedding to be....(LE SIGH) How did you come up with yours?

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Wedding Themes??

• Options
    I don't have one. I'm not that creative lol. Some people think that it's easier to have a theme because you can get a better picture of all the little details and how particular you want things to be. A lot of vendors kept asking what's my theme and I told them I don't have one and they dam nearr collapsed lol. I love themes though! I think they come together really nicely. I just didn't wanna wreck my brain with those extra details so I decided not to have one.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    I don't have one. We're just moving forward with our colors and not worrying about a theme. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You ladies are too funny, I guess i wont be having one either because i just cant think of one that i would even like....O Well ill be sticking to my color theme and call it a day lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    Team NoTheme
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-themes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:6f4a3528-37d1-4802-ae11-efc77b98ac62Post:55346c97-1712-47e9-ba82-8e33ff6c0e7f">Re: Wedding Themes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Team NoTheme
    Posted by TL25[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly!! LOL</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-themes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:6f4a3528-37d1-4802-ae11-efc77b98ac62Post:55346c97-1712-47e9-ba82-8e33ff6c0e7f">Re: Wedding Themes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Team NoTheme
    Posted by TL25[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL LOL LOL</div>

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    No, not really. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    [QUOTE]Team NoTheme
    Posted by TL25[/QUOTE]
     agree AINT NO BODY GOT TIME FOR THAT..just trying to get hitched..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    You dont need one! It helps bring certain parts together. Ours had an "old hollywood theme"  which meant the invites, programs, and favors went with that .
    Don't knock us theme lovers lol
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    You don't NEED a theme...I happened to come up with one simply because it was extremely simple for us. We're both of Caribbean parentage and both embrace and love the culture (Trinidad)...sooooo...our theme is Caribbean/Carnival :-) Plus we met working for the airlines...and LOVE to travel on the drop of a dime...so, one thing we also wanted to incorporate that signifies our initial connection...are seating cards with our guests name on it that literally look like boarding passes :-) get ready to travel to the islands! ;-)
    You have my WHOLE heart for my WHOLE life!
  • Options
    I'm not having a theme either. We're just going with whatever we think looks good together along with our colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_wedding-themes-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6f4a3528-37d1-4802-ae11-efc77b98ac62Post:55346c97-1712-47e9-ba82-8e33ff6c0e7f">Re: Wedding Themes??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Team NoTheme
    Posted by TL25[/QUOTE]

Cole....you stoopid....LOL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • Options
    Lol! My wedding has a PEACOCK THEME....colors and actual peacock feathers included in boutonnieres, bouquets and decor....not too much tho...it just went along with my colors and i realized it would be cute
    ****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown
  • Options
    My wedding theme is Music and Memories.  It really made it alot easier for me to do the details.  My invitations look like mini records. My favors will be music cds and musical note key chains.  My programs are actual 45 records. The gifts for the wedding party we wrapped in musical note wrapping paper.  In terms of memories, at the reception I will have a segment where I play songs where people can "remember when and where they were the first time they heard the song...songs like Let's get it on, I will always love you, Thriller, etc.  I have about six songs for that. I have a slide show with FI and I that will include pictures with us and the entire bridal party over the years.  So it just made it a little easier to tie it in together for me.  I dont think a theme is needed. It's your day so rock what you want. There is no such thing as the wedding police.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yella boi shut down the theme idea
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the info ladies...although, i do think themes are super cute but since i cant think of one i wont stress it...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I don't think that you HAVE TO have a theme, but we have one. Our theme is "Southern Sophistication". Both my fiance' and I are from right here in the South, my mother's side is from Louisiana and his family is from Georgia. This theme LITERALLY came to me in a dream. lolz. It has been really beneficial in helping me carry out my ideas.
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Okay! Lol...
  • Options
    I really do like the idea of themes and I do love the them you have Dannitra01, thats a theme that explains me and my FI but im just gonna stick with my colors and ride from there

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    We have a theme.. that  I am incorporating into my favors.. the food and the suite decorations...

But other than that... just using my colors
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just wanted to make sure everything about the wedding reflected our personalities.  So my wedding is built around crazy, sexy, cool which I guess you can say is a theme I suppose.  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards