Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Rehearsal dinner ideas??

Hi everyone,

So I'm getting down to the wire and still have no idea what to do about the rehearsal dinner.  I am looking for a place in Lancaster city (the wedding is at the Marriott at Penn Square), so that it's not far from where our rehearsal is.  Any suggestions??  I would have about 20 people attending.

TIA!! :)
Anniversary

Re: Rehearsal dinner ideas??

• Options
    annie42207annie42207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    cork and cap is a nice place and they accomadate big parties.....not the cheapest place tho

• Options
    hlzanderhlzander member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you check out Annie Baileys? That is about as close the Marriott as you can get! Not to mention the food and drink is great.
    I'm having my wedding at the Marriott at Penn Square in June! You will have to write up a review about the Marriott and your other vendors and let me know how everything goes! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Started dating: 10/25/05 My 21st birthday & our engagement: 3/13/10 The first day of the rest of our lives: 6/9/12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my rehearsal dinner will be at the Brickyard. it has a nice relaxed feel (which is nice if your going to be having a more formal wedding reception) and they have been more then willing to accomadate my needs. They offer a private dining area and the planner is prompt and organized. and the best part is that they have great food!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at Marriott @ Penn Square April 2010.  We had our rehearsal dinner at Rosa Rosa (no longer open); however we looked at Annie Baily's...we weren't all that pleased with them.  They were less than accommodating to us because we were a smaller group (about 20-25) and they were looking for a bigger group to warrant the use of their room upstairs. That was a big turn off.  You may have a different experience...and they may have changed their minds about things.  We looked at The Pressroom. That might be nice for the fact that you wouldn't have to drive anywhere after the rehearsal...they seemed to have nice packages.  We also looked at Iron Hill Brewery...that was our second pick!  They have a private room and the food and drinks are really nice there.  :)  We looked at Belvedere Inn too...however the cost to rent the space and the food cost was really expensive.  There is also Carr's and they may have a private room.  They have really yummy food and they are right at Market across the street.  :)  There is also supposed to be a new micro brew, brick oven pizza place opening up on the corner of Queen and Chestnut.  It's supposed to be really cool.  That may be open by the time your wedding comes around.  :) ALSO...not sure what your budget/feel is going to be for a rehearsal dinner...but there is Isaac's right across the street...they have a bar now. That might be a good fit??   Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Anne Bailey's. Literally 1 block from the Marriott. The food is amazing.
    Another place that is very good is Iron Hill Brewery (College Row across from F&M) which is a little bigger than Anne's and might have a private room.
    I don't think Anne's has a private room.
    Both places have excellent food.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for your feedback!  I had Iron Hill on my list and now have a few more ideas to check out!  @hlzander- I will definitely write up a review, but I have heard nothing but amazing things about the Marriott! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jallen8jallen8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our rehearsal "lunch" at Iron Hill Brewery (since our rehearsal is in the morning). It actually worked out nicely because the lunches are cheaper there. One thing to know is that they do not always have the private room available for banquets on Friday or Saturday nights since they are so busy (they open it up for regular dinner guests).

Another thing I liked was that they let you bring in your own dessert. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards