Illinois-Chicago

Sofitel Water Tower Brides

If you've had or are having your wedding at the Sofitel Water Tower, do you have any tips on your experience?  We just contracted for our November 17 wedding and I'm very excited!  Our ceremony is in Limoges and reception in Cigale.

Re: Sofitel Water Tower Brides

• edited June 2012
    We had our wedding at the Sofitel 6 months ago on NYE.  We had what seems to be a larger wedding than yours because we used the grand ballroom for our ceremony and reception.  If Michelle Willey is still the wedding coordinator there, you will have no worries!  She is amazing and is truly sent from the heavens haha.  Sometimes it may take her a little bit to respond to emails, but if you give her a litle reminder she will absolutely come through for you.  The service is second to none at the Softel...you will feel so pampered and important. 

I can't think of any specific tips...it's pretty much 100% taken care of before you arrive for the big day.  They think of every last detail...down to what drink you would like to be sipping 30 seconds after your ceremony ends haha.  Have a blast and just know that you picked a superb location for your wedding :)
  • Thank you!  We are a small wedding, just 60 guests, during the daytime.  We're not doing a traditional wedding package, just light lunch and drinks.  I know our wedding costs about 10% of the normal Sofitel wedding, so I keep getting nervous that I'm going to miss out on something!

Sarah Rhodes is our coordinator, and she has also been fantastic.  Going in two weeks for our second meeting to discuss setup and whatnot.  

Did you stay at the hotel?  How was your room?
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    One of my hotel blocks was at the Sofitel and H and I stayed there the night of our wedding. We stayed in a "king size suite" I think it was called. And the room was amazing, very modern. Everyone at the hotel was very helpful and attentive. I also had a majority our pictures taken there. The staircase, the park outside, the moral of the chicago cityline, etc. Here is a picture of me taken right outside our room.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gorgeous!  Trying to decide between staying there or elsewhere for cost reasons... the convenience of waking up and getting ready without ever having to go outside in chilly November sounds mighty tempting, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards