Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Anna Maria Island, FL

Hi ladies.

Is anyone familiar with Anna Maria Island on Florida's gulf coast?
Is it pricy?  Relaxing vs. Party Your Life atmosphere, but still stuff to do?  Anything?

Thanks so much for your feedback :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Anna Maria Island, FL

• Options
    Anna Maria Island is one of my favorite beaches to get away to from Orlando. We love it. The water is gorgeous, clear, and clean. Often times you'll see manatees, depending on the time of year. It's definitely a quaint, low-key beach town in Florida. Very relaxing, not a party atmosphere. Or course there are beach restaraunts and many people drink, but it's not a spring break atmosphere. Don't go expecting lots of activities and shopping, etc. While there are some small beach stores and stores for the locals, you won't find a Cheesecake Factory and Nordstrom here. Most of the places to stay seem to be smaller inns, not large hotels.
  • Options
    We took a day trip to Egemont Key - that was really fun. We were there for a wedding, so we didn't see too much else. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My grandparents live on Anna Maria Island and it's one of the best places as far as beaches go.
    The beaches are never crowded (especially in the summer) which is one of my favorite things about it. As a previous poster said, it's not really a party atmosphere, but there are a some good local bars and restaurants that have the "beach party-like" feel.
    And most of the accomodations are condo type or low key hotels. You won't find any large resort type hotels.

But a short drive away in Siesta Key is great shopping, restaurants. And the beach there has been rated one of the best in the world.

If you are looking for a low key, relaxing, quiet honeymoon, Anna Maria Island is a pretty good choice. Good luck!
  • Options
    LOVE it.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
    And this is coming from someone who lives 10 minutes from Clearwater Beach.
    AMI is beautiful and classy and nice and there are things to do there.
    My DH and I took a mini-moon for three nights before we went on the "real" HM to San Diego, and we stayed in the Sarasota/LongBoatKey/AMI area.  LOVED it.  One day we went to a local marina and rented a boat - had a blast!!  Not that expensive either.  Went up and down the intercoastal waterway, which is much safer than in the Gulf bec there are no swimmers and not lots of boats and no fishermen, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards