April 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR: Vent

So some friends asked us if they could use our place for a 21st bday party, which was to be tomorrow. Their apartment is small and has bad parking. Roomie 1 seemed to be down. She said she was always down to party. Roomie 2 has work the next am and was not so down. I was whatever, did not really care but thought it was weird they asked and thought it was dumb for Roomie 2 to have to leave her own house. She was getting a hotel room, which is absolute crap. Roomie 1 decided she does not want to party anymore, because she is too tired from work and school. She probably was going to go to her bfs house after work instead of coming home to the party. So basically I would have been left there alone to deal with this mess. 

The friends had already brought all the alcohol over. I tell Roomie 1 all this, and she says she will text them and tells them the party is off. I told her not to, because that was kinda shi**y to do when it was to be tomorrow...but she did it anyway and she said they were not mad, but I am sure they are...They still have to come pick up the alcohol which will be awkward...UGH. I wish we would have just told them this a week ago. 
April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**

Re: NWR: Vent

• Options

Dont worry about it. They'll find somewhere else to party... "Us youngins" can party anywhere! lol

21st birthday... UGH.. i feel old! :( haha

~Melissa Photobucket
  • Options
    That sucks.  I completely understand not wanting to have it your place, but it does put you in an awkward position now when you see them. 
  • Options
    That really sucks but do not worry about it there is nothing that can be done at this point.  Besides they asked last minute and needed the permission from all 3 off you so that complicates things.
    ~~* Jen *~~
  • Options
    em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    Thanks guys. They asked us about 2 weeks ago, but we never made a very solid decision. I was always kinda iffy about it, as was Roomie 2, but Roomie 1 really wanted to have it, or so it seemed. Now she has done a complete 180 (long story). 

I didn't want to cancel the party, but I felt like Roomie 1 was abandoning ship when she was the one who wanted it in the first place. I went along with it not to be a debbie downer, plus I thought it might be good to have one last hoorah before finals, but I should have been more honest.

The friend called me crying today because her bday basically went to hell. A lot of people bailed on her for other plans she had (not related to this) and it all went downhill for her. I feel so bad. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    jash009jash009 member
    First Comment
    Don't feel bad!  Its not your fault that your roomie backed out!  You shouldn't have to do something that you're not comfortable with in your own home.  And besides, I'm sure they'll find somewhere else to party, I know we always did back in the day when I was in school :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards