Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Questions to ask reception venues

Hey everyone,

Me and the fiance are visiting a list of reception venues next week and need help with what questions to ask them! Any suggestions?

Re: Questions to ask reception venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be sure to ask about hidden fee and costs. You never know what they will charge extra for (linen? menu upgrade? extra bartender? holiday weekend?)

I would also ask about their payment plans, who will be working your wedding day, references, pictures of other receptions and plans in case of tragedy (fire/foreclosure etc).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Another thing to ask about is the number of bartenders and servers per table/per number of people.  A few places we looked at were only going to have 1 bartender for up to 200 people, and had 1 server per 4 tables for a seated dinner, which would have made food service extremely slow. 

other fees to consider - cake cutting fee (which to me is the most ridiculous fee they have created) which at some places can be per slice and can get somewhat expensive.

If you are planning for a year or 2 in advance, I would definitely try to get a contract with the current prices, and if not at least a projection of costs for the year of your wedding - the last thing you need to have happen is an unexpected increase in food costs!

Check to see if there are any planned upgrades or renovations to the property between now and your date - very often these run longer than planned and if the expected finish date is close to your wedding, you could end up in a bind at the last minute (which we would have had if we had booked at the Seacrest in Falmouth).

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards