Moms and Maids
Options

MOB Attire

My mom is asking me about what color I think she should wear. The BM dresses are royal blue and we will bring pink in decorations and the flowers. What do you ladies think looks good with Royal Blue? I was thinking grey/silver. But I can't think of any other colors..... TIA 

Re: MOB Attire

• Options
    Your mother is under no obligation to coordinate. If she is asking, you should say "It's great you want to coordinate, Mom, but totally not necessary. If you want to, some colours that might be nice are..."

If it's colour suggestions you're after, I'd say gold. Or silver, like you said. Metallics in general would look nice. Or a nice deep pink.
  • Options
    Ditto PP. She can coordinate if she wants, but really there is no need. She will be in like 4 pictures max with the BMs, most likely, so what she wears really doesn't matter. 

The only suggestion I made to my mom and FMIL was that they please not wear white or cream. My mom also asked me which dress I liked better out of two and I gave her my opinion because she asked, but reassured her the choice was hers. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Just tell her to wear whatever color she feels looks best on her.  She won't be in many, if any, pictures with the rest of your bridal party so there's no need for her to coordinate with your wedding colors.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The only color I'd side eye on an MOB is white. Otherwise, she should find a dress she loves and feels comfortable in, regardless of the color.

My bridesmaids wore black and my mom wore a dark eggplant dress; my MIL wore a lavendar one. They both just happened to find dresses in complimenting colors that they liked, but it doesn't even matter if the MOB and MOG match. At most, they are in one picture together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies my mom does want to coordinate. When we do family pictures there will be two BM (my sisters) and their husbands (ushers) and one of my sisters kid who are is the  ring bearer.So pretty much everyone we except her will be in our colors in our family pic.  So she does want to coordinate, she did in both of my sisters weddings and that was her choice. I think she is leaning towards the gray/silver. I did recommend maybe gold last night and she said nope she does not look good in gold. She won't ear anything shes not comfortable in. 
  • Options

My mother asked me and the only thing I told her is please, not yellow. I just don't like the color, but I did tell her if she was set on it, then I didn't care. Thankfully we both share an aversion to yellow. My mom wants to do a light color, but basically what she finds that she likes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards