Georgia-Atlanta
Options

Plus-Sized Wedding Dress Help

Hi Ladies,  

Does anyone know offhand or have purchased a reasonably priced plus-size bridal gown in the Atlanta metropolitan area?  I'm hoping to find a store with a decent selection of dresses, besides the obvious, David's Bridal.

Thanks

Re: Plus-Sized Wedding Dress Help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Anya bridal! I love it. . 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would try Bridal Sense in Sandy Springs.  I bought my dress at store that was going out of business that specialized in plus size dresses, they took there unsold dresses to Bridal Sense.  I actually bought 2 dresses from them and only wore one for my wedding this past November.  I couldnt decide which dress I liked at the time and since they were going out of business it wasn't like I could go back.  I am trying to sell the one I did not wear.  I can send you pictures if you would be interested.  I also found that New Natalies had a good selection of plus size dresses when I went to look for veils, but their customer service was horrible.  The manager yelled at the sales clerk who insisted I try on a dress with the veil I like even though I told them I already had my dress.  This all happened in front of me, but it might be nice to get some ideas.
  • Options
    leahrachel521leahrachel521 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Alfred Angelo in Dunwoody.  They had a really good selection of plus size sample dresses to try on.  While I didn't end up buying a dress there, New Natalies also had a pretty expansive selection of pluse size dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo was AMAZING! Almost all of their dresses come in sizes 0-28 and they are the same dresses that the size 2 girls can wear. They do have a specific Plus size line, but almost any and all of their dresses can be made in any of the bigger sizes. When I got my dress there, they had several dresses for me to try on that actually fit. I wasn't trying to squeeze in to an 8 and they were able to use bigger dresses and clip them. I really loved my experience there and it is a brand new store in Dunwoody. They're prices were great and I feel like the quality of their dresses were a lot better than any I had seen at David's Bridal.

I had also fallen in love with a few dresses from Anya Bridal as well, but I never made it there to actually try on dresses because I loved the ones from Alfred so much!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much!!!! I will definitely begin to do some research and check all of these places out!  Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards