Wedding Party

Flower Girl Ideas...?

So my wedding is in less than 3 weeks and I'm kind of stuck on what to have our flower girl carry down the aisle. The ring bearer is carrying a porcelain plate that says "We Do" and I wanted something unique for the flower girl as well.

Any ideas??

Re: Flower Girl Ideas...?

• If you don't want them scattering petals, how about a pomander?

Seriously, of all the areas to be "unique" about your wedding, this is the last one I'd choose since no one's going to pay that much attention or remember what you did.  Just some food for thought.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I guess 'unique' isn't really the right word to use there. And my fault I should have specified here..I just wanted to do something different than just a flower basket for her. But I think a pomander would be a cute idea : )
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    basket, teddy bear, doll, other stuffed animal, cute little purse, pomander, small bouquet, fan, lantern, muff, although I don't know how "unique" any of them are.

I agree with brooke:  I wouldn't put my efforts into worrying too much about what an FG carries, but that's your call.

ETA:  left my post in the middle of writing it and didn't get a chance to read your reply before I hit post.  Hope you find something you like.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I like the tiny bouquets, and the head wreaths of fresh flowers. If I had a flower girl that's what I would've given her.
  • Our church didn't allow tossing petals, and I wasn't sure I wanted that anyways so it made my mind up for me.  I had a pomander made for my flower girl, as well as a matching flowered head piece for her that had pink ribbons down the back.  This is her coming down the aisle, but you can't see the ribbon in the back.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_flower-girl-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:600562b4-cd45-402b-abda-29d96f179753Post:ad567bfd-c41a-474c-a94a-de74e64ad31f">Re: Flower Girl Ideas...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]dnbeach, that's adorable!
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Aww thanks!  I'm disgusted to say that I spent more on her flowers than her dress cost.  That was only $20, I think I spent $40 on both flower things.  But I loved them and thought she was so adorable so I wouldn't change it. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We did petal cones. I don't like the baskets on the market.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_flower-girl-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:600562b4-cd45-402b-abda-29d96f179753Post:0fa8b901-55b4-43a1-9399-6a3c688e8e3c">Re: Flower Girl Ideas...?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower Girl Ideas...? : Aww thanks!  I'm disgusted to say that I spent more on her flowers than her dress cost.  That was only $20, I think I spent $40 on both flower things.  But I loved them and thought she was so adorable so I wouldn't change it. 
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

Meh, that's just because $20 is inexpensive. I just don't get the FG dresses that are like $100+ (I, a grown woman, don't even buy dresses that much that are $100+) unless you/FG's parents have money to burn.
  •  A small bouquet, stuffed animal or other toy.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Mine is carrying a small bouquet. I've also seen flower girl wands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards