Plus-Sized

What would you do?

This really has nothing to do with being PS but I feel most comfortable asking you girls!

My boss has been way more than a boss to me and I consider her one of my closest friends in the area. I asked her to be a reader at our wedding and she gladly accepted. Well, she ended up getting pregnant and the baby is due right around our wedding. I couldn't be happier for her and her husband!

We've talked a little bit about what to do with planning her to be a reader. She has said that she is fine if I need to "replace" her as the reader just because of the uncertainty. Obviously babies come when babies come so I don't know what to do.

Do I replace her now or just play it by ear as the date gets closer?

Re: What would you do?

• Just see how everything is around the time of the wedding.  I wouldn't replace her.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• I would tell her that she can still do it as long as she feels like she can/ wants to. Talk to someone else or whoever is doing the ceremony about doing the reading in the event of having the baby too close to your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Just have a backup in case she's either got complications (God forbid) and isn't up to doing it, or the baby comes and she just cant do it..
  • Tell your boss that if she feels up to it, she is welcome to read; that you will accomodate whatever she feels like she can or can't do as the date approaches.  Then talk to your minister about the situation, so he/she can be prepared to read it if your boss steps down.

(I'm looking at replacing a reader like replacing a bridesmaid - the original feels rejected if you are the one to boot them, and the second choice knows they were only second best.  Keeping an understudy in the wings seems even worse.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_would?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:156bb00e-369d-4142-8d4a-7fa2ebfeb873Post:3b191fc4-2f6f-4459-80ed-996f2aba0542">Re: What would you do?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell your boss that if she feels up to it, she is welcome to read; that you will accomodate whatever she feels like she can or can't do as the date approaches.  Then talk to your minister about the situation, so he/she can be prepared to read it if your boss steps down. (I'm looking at replacing a reader like replacing a bridesmaid - the original feels rejected if you are the one to boot them, and the second choice knows they were only second best.  Keeping an understudy in the wings seems even worse.)
    Posted by RaptorSLH[/QUOTE]
    I completely agree with all of this.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you everyone! That was my gut feeling to just wait til it gets closer and see.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards