Moms and Maids
Options

if they show, they show...if they don't, I don't care?

I had enough problems picking out my own dress, especially from my two long time friends of 8 years that are my bridesmaids, so finally I went alone one day and found the dress of my dreams...shocker.
So when it came time to pick out the bridesmaids dresses, I said, pick one, make it red, and go for it. Somehow that meant every single online picture and thought being emailed to my inbox at all hours of the day. Finally after 4 months of this, I put my foot down (yes it took me that long), took one of the girls (we will call her S) and picked a dress.
Now the dresses are in, and S wont try hers on because she looked at it and feels that it won't fit (she changed her order to a size smaller on the phone later without me knowing). She is not planning on trying it on until august 20 (2 weeks before my wedding) and I can't even do anything about it because I live 3 hours away.
The other one (lets call her H) is not going to even be picking hers up until August 25 because she "has a 2 year old and a job."
The groomsmen don't have suits because one of them is off surfing the world before it "ends in 2013" and the other one is saving for a trip so won't go in to get measured until the last minute and he has to spend the money.
THEN my mother in law to be has told me she hasnt bought the dress we picked out and put on hold two months ago (the dress was $32.00 btw) and is WAITING to lose 10 pounds before she goes out looking for a dress!
What on earth do I do?!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if they show, they show...if they don't, I don't care?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You breath... and drink a couple glasses of wine.

Honestly though there really isn't anything you can do. They are all adults (whether they are acting like it or not) and you have to just trust that everything will get done. If they have to rush order a dress or have a rush fitting or anything like that it is on them and it will be their responsibility and fault. So... just relax even though I know it is hard to. The important thing is, you have your dress and your fiance has his tux and the two of you show up and are getting married. Everyone else and everything else is trivial in comparison.

Now go have some wine... :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All the posts relating to this kind of thing lately has me thinking your title is the perfect response.  I just do not understand people who can't get it together to get their attire ordered, picked up, etc if it is indeed time to do so.

You have my sympathies.  I would honestly be so irritated by it that I would just say screw it and if they are there in the right clothes, well good.  If not, whatever.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp. You would think the bms would be thrilled to be told to buy any dress in X color. So why are there so many posts, lately, about bms that don't follow through?  I'm truly puzzled.

I think it's time to give up. They all know they need dresses/suits for your wedding. If they don't get them, then it's their problem, not yours.

• Options
    kaitlyn&henrykaitlyn&henry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i went through the same exact thing! Take a breather and relax a minute...and what someone already said: your title is a perfect answer.

what i did was give them a deadline...no maybe by then or if you can etc. I said to both the groomsmen and bridesmaids that they had until july 10th to get their gear or they were not walking, no excuses! I said i would be dissappointed of course but hope that everyone really meant it when they said yes to being a part of the day.

and after that you let it go and dont worry about it either way! if they do it they do, if they dont then its their loss and do not stress about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_show-showif-dont-dont-care?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:36364a00-8b19-42c3-9a38-d1725262663bPost:03f3a75a-0d07-44e9-b1f4-b97b6baa5394">Re: if they show, they show...if they don't, I don't care?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You breath... and drink a couple glasses of wine. Honestly though there really isn't anything you can do. They are all adults (whether they are acting like it or not) and you have to just trust that everything will get done. If they have to rush order a dress or have a rush fitting or anything like that it is on them and it will be their responsibility and fault. So... just relax even though I know it is hard to. The important thing is, you have your dress and your fiance has his tux and the two of you show up and are getting married. Everyone else and everything else is trivial in comparison. Now go have some wine... :)
    Posted by 4LeafClover3[/QUOTE]

This!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards