Outdoor Weddings

Speakers and Sound for a Beach Wedding

I just heard it's problematic to have speakers and a mic for a beach wedding because the speakers will pick up mostly the waves and the wind rather than the actual ceremony. This seems illogical to me but I have no experience. I really want my guests to hear the ceremony and it seems like with a beach wedding, using speakers and mic is the only way.

Can anyone help?

Re: Speakers and Sound for a Beach Wedding

• We went to a beach wedding last may, and there were no problems with the sound. The D.j. should be equipped to handle outdoor weddings, as they are wired differently. The mics can be placed where the wind cannot affect them, and unless you are getting married on a cliff with the waves crashing below, you won't hear the water in mic either. 

The only annoying sound from a beach wedding is seagulls : ) 
  • Good points. As always, quality is key. Thanks ladies; any more input is welcome too
  • Im glad you posted this and i was able to read the responses. My fiance and i are having an outdoor wedding as well and were concerned about the same thing.
  • I'm having a beach wedding, and honestly this never even occurred to me. We were going to position ourselves near the water's edge and have the guests facing the water...but thanks to your post I now I wonder if we should have our guests' backs to the ocean and stand far from it?

Sorry that's not a helpful response, but I'm grateful for your post!

Now that I think about it - our ceremony sound equipment is being rented from a vendor who has provided similar equipment for this same location on previous occassions and she didn't mention that potential problem (and trust me, she's brought up plenty of others) so maybe it isn't a terrible inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards