Canada-Ontario
Options

Round of Applause for Coach House Bridal in Waterdown...

I haven't purchased my dress yet, but went today with my mom for my first real attempt at finding a gown.

Let me just start by saying, I was terrified of wedding dress shopping.  I have serious body image issues, and when we walked in, I was actually shaking, and near tears at the thought of "having to" put on these dresses and showing someone.  Being short, and "curvy" I thought there was no way I would get into any of these dresses, let alone end up liking any of them.

Not only did I end up laughing most of the time I was there, I was happy, relaxed, and so grateful to Catherine, the woman who helped me, I could have hugged her. 

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone who might be looking to start shopping, and are maybe a little apprehensive.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 62 Made the cut!
image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!

Re: Round of Applause for Coach House Bridal in Waterdown...

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's great!  Where did you end up shopping?
  • Options
    ladybugmikkiladybugmikki member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing! I'm also petite and I have always been a little bigger than most of my friends so I was quite anxious about dress shopping. Thankfully there are many dresses out there and I ended up finding quite a few that enhanced what I have as well as "hiding" the things I am self-conscious about. I purchased my dress last week and am very happy with the way I look!  I wish bathing suit shopping was this easy ;)
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I just saw the title, NM.
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress there too!

A cute store with good service.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't buy my dress there, but that was one of the stores I visited. LOVED the service there. They are great. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Naomi - how were they for alterations?  Did you have them done there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 62 Made the cut!
    image 58 Are ready to fly with us image 4 Are missing out! image As of August 14th, everyone has finally made up their minds!
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I ordered my dress but it hasn't come in yet so not sure.  The pricing estimate was about $100 for hem, $100 for side seams, $80 for bustle? Seems about average.  They of course include pressing and storage until the day you want to pick it up.

I have had friends do bridesmaid dress alterations there and they were fine.

• Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am glad  you had a good experience as I have heard of other places that did not have good customer service! I am surprised at the number of places that are in this industry and don't hire people that like to work with people!
  • Options
    earnshaw1000earnshaw1000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister bought her dress from there and had a great experience.  I believe the person she dealt with was also Catherine.  Service and communication was amazing, alterations a tad pricey, but overall it was a good experience for her.

I, however, had a terrible experience there.  The woman helping me told me to "go ahead and pick a few dresses to try on".  So I pulled out 3 dresses, of varying styles (since I didn't know what looked good on me).  She then proceeded to inform me why every dress choice I made was wrong, even going so far as to take a dress out of my hands while telling me I could "never pull it off".  Of course, every dress she gave me to try on was about $1000 over my price limit.  I ended up leaving in tears.

So I guess it all depends on who you deal with and if you get them on a good day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards