March 2012 Weddings
Options

Another one bites the dust...

Katy Perry and Russell Brand are getting a divorce...it did last a touch longer than our fave gal KK...

Call me naive but I thought they would work out...or at least be together longer than they have been...

Oh well, another reason I do NOT take relationship advice from Hollywood
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Another one bites the dust...

• Options

I really thought they were cute together. I thought they would work out.. HAHA Way better than KK .. 

Man celebs are great role models huh..

image March 2012 Knotties Siggy Challenge - Favorite Engagement Picture Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

weird. I just think that relationships in hollywood don't last becuase the marriages aren't put first. careers are and that never works for a marriage. Celebs are in different cities all the time. Have busy schedules. Award shows. dinner. charity. etc and they get married and they'll say that the distance works and that they'll make time, but they don't.

You can't stay in love with someone you're never with.

• Options

I thought they were really cute together...was hoping they would make it!  Does anyone else feel disappointed when a favorite celeb couple doesn't make it or is it just me being silly?

image March 2012 Bride Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gosh, even though I usually know there is an impending divorce I feel the same as you firechick. I guess I just feel sad that they have to go through it in public (which is THEIR choice) but then rumors are started and all that good stuff. It just stinks that more of them can't make it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That's actually really sad because I just found out these two were married (for some reason I thought she married a hockey player like Carrie Underwood).  

As someone who's first marriage was a Hollywood marriage... it NEVER WORKS OUT!  Marry normal people, celebs!  :P

PS- My marriage was only kind of Hollywood-ish.  We met on a TV show and he's a former child actor and I'm a former actor, both turned crew members.  But still... we lasted your average Hollywood length!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2012-weddings_another-one-bites-dust?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:955e4823-0be1-44ef-9ee7-99a63794e103Discussion:c1f427b5-830d-496f-9574-e68423863746Post:f7f4b300-58d4-42a9-a154-1761b861e175">Re: Another one bites the dust...</a>:
    [QUOTE]weird. I just think that relationships in hollywood don't last becuase the marriages aren't put first. careers are and that never works for a marriage. Celebs are in different cities all the time. Have busy schedules. Award shows. dinner. charity. etc and they get married and they'll say that the distance works and that they'll make time, but they don't. You can't stay in love with someone you're never with.
    Posted by w+c3[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with all of this. I do like Katie Perry, so that is kind of sad on her end. However, I seriously cannot stand Russell Brand. He annoys the F out of me. It is kind of sad though that so many Hollywood marriages fall apart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards