Hawaii
Options

What's your skincare routine? Recommendations please!

So, I just went for my first facial ever last week and it was AMAZING. Alas, the price... not so much. I'd really, really like to recreate the whole experience at home... but aside from moisturizing and cleaning my face, I don't know where else to begin! I remember they used toners, masks, lip scrubs... geez. It was a lot... and I don't even know what the point of a toner is!

Help?

Re: What's your skincare routine? Recommendations please!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't it amazing how clean and soft your skin feels after a facial?!  I love it, but like you, the cost keeps it from being in my routine.  As for at home skincare, I am horrible.  My mom got me a clarisonic brush (think: sonicare for your face), and I really like it.  Other than that, I don't do much, but I know I really should start using a good moisturizer and sun screen.

http://www.clarisonic.com/us/
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jamie beat me to it!!  I absolutely, positively love my Clarisonic!  I swear it's like a little magic wand...  I have very combo skin, forehead oily rest of face super dry.  The cleansers that they made to go with the Clarisonic are awesome, and I also switch it up using my Philosophy cleanser every once in a while.  I have never had better skin in my life!

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ETA: I hadn't read anyone else's responses before posting this.  Really.  :)

My routine is pretty simple, but I do feel somewhat facial-y afterwards.  I use Cetaphil face wash - super simple - with a Clarisonic electronic cleanser.  It looks like this - 

Then I apply a basic moisturizer with SPF - now I use Aveeno, but I change it pretty regularly, and may go to Oil of Olay next.  The fewer steps the better for me, or I bag out on all of it after a while.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, clarisonic, huh? I've never thought of this before!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards