New York-New York City

New York accommodation

We are getting married in New York at Christmas. We are putting together our wedding website at present and as part of it need to include accommodation options for our guests with hotel/apartment options. Would anyone have done this in the past as pulling this information together is getting difficult!

We are traveling to get married from Ireland and many of our guests don't have local knowledge.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Re: New York accommodation

• edited December 2011
    where in the city are you getting married?  it's a big place.  what's the budget of your guests? (apprx range) do you want them to be in a touristy area or somewhere more laid back?
  • MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have a great post with travel tips over on the NYC nest board: http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/31273592.aspx There are lots of hotel rec's there.

I hope it helps!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • ssmyth29ssmyth29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks very much for your message. Well we are getting married in Battery Park but guests could stay anywhere from Midtown to Battery Park. Either laid back or touristy would suit them I think. The price range for our guests varies widely so we just wanted a general list of options - from apartments to hotels to everything in between. What I'm hoping for really is that somebody had to compile a list recently for a Manhattan wedding and they may have a similar listing!

Thanks again for your help. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used HotelPlanner.com and Booking.com for recommendations last October for my sister's wedding in Chicago -- I'm sure it'll give tons of options for NYC.
  • kimberlygokimberlygo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might also consider Brooklyn. It would be less expensive for your guests and Battery Park is pretty far downtown.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards