Outdoor Weddings
Options

how to do ceremony music

Hi
My ceremony will be outside but reception inside... I was wondering how to do ceremony music. Do people typically use a PA system?

Re: how to do ceremony music

• Options
    If you have a DJ, they charge a small extra fee to do ceremony.
    Ours has portable freestanding speakers that he control inside and outside. Not sure if your ceremony and reception are at the same place but if so it's easy to have since you can keep the speakers there for cocktail hour when people are inside and out.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We were originally going to hire a harpist but they wanted an arm and leg for just the ceremony. We decided to use our DJ who is charging us an extra fee which is half the price of having live music. If you use the DJ you need to ask your venue if they have a speaker system for the DJ to plug into. If not you would need to tell the DJ so they can bring their own equipment.
  • Options
    My sister-in-law is going to play her flute for the ceremony, and we're looking at buying a portable battery opperated speaker system to use for her and then for us during the ceremony.  We could probably run an extension cord from the nearby pavilion, but I really don't want a bright orange cord running down my isle!  They have a bunch on Amazon, but they're a bit pricey.  I might just buy one, use it for the day, and then return it.  
  • Options
    take a small boombox and have a cd playing. That's what my brother & sister in law did their outdoor ceremony in 2008 & I think I may do the same thing or just have my limo driver play my cd from inside the limo. :-) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards