April 2012 Weddings

NWR... But I am super excited so I want to share....

My husband and I are buying our first house! We've been together 5 years and have talked about buying a house for about 2 of those years...and now it's finally happening!

We are getting a new home built so we get to pick out all the details!

Thanks for letting me share!
Smile

Re: NWR... But I am super excited so I want to share....

• rlavachrlavach member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    Yey! That's great! I'm uber jealous.
  • Lucky!! That's great. We are trying to save money like crazy right now so we can buy in the next year or two.
    Visit OrangeCounty.Weddings.comWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congratulations!!!!
    Anniversary
  • OMG Congrats!  H and I really want to buy too, but we  won't be "ready" for another year or two.  We were thinking about putting an offer in on a house that we love down where his family lives that was in foreclosure and qualified for a rehab loan, but we had agreed to wait until after the wedding to do it (it had been on the market for 2 years).  Well, 2 weeks before the wedding it sold.  So there goes that.

Serious though, OP.  That's so cool that you guys get new construction and get to really make it "your house".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • MrsDrobieMrsDrobie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Thanks everyone! Good Luck to those of you hoping and saving up to do in in the next few years!

I am honestly surprised that we are able to do things so soon after the wedding. We started looking at options mostly to be prepared for when it was time. We were lucky enough to get approved for an FHA loan and since we are keeping the cost of the house down it's not going to be impossible to come up with our down payment..especially so soon after the wedding.

We looked at getting an older home or foreclosure so we could be more in town, but after looking at all the costs we decided to go new. We had to sacrafice on location a little bit and move to the out skirts of town a bit,  but it's well worth it.

I couldn't be more excited!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards