Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hotel blocks?

So I have started pre-searching for hotels to block out rooms for my OOT guests and was wondering what everyone else did. Both my ceremony and reception will be at Bell Tower Chapel and Garden in FTW. I was think it would be nice to book a few hotels at multiple price points, potentially one in the stockyards (i'm originally from West Texas so I know everyone would adore it there) but i'm not sure. Any suggestions?

Re: Hotel blocks?

• We ended up only creating one room block.  We had a TON of OOT guests, so I blocked 25 rooms at a Doubletree that was in between my church and my reception venue.

My MIL wanted a more luxury experience, so she kept asking about hotels downtown.  She called a few and got quoted a really good deal, but whenever I called them, suddenly their rates were $10 higher (or more) per night.  When I called them on it, they insisted there was no way they were giving my MIL a better deal (I asked her about it, and yes, she did mention "wedding."  I'm fairly certain the magic, cost-building word was "bride").  So I told MIL I wasn't going to create a block at any of the fancier hotels downtown and if her friends wanted to stay at one, they could figure it out on their own.  So she did, and I'm told it was wonderful (and expensive).

I would suggest making a list of what you want your guests (and you, if you're staying there) to have and then call various hotels in the area to get quotes.  It really was easier to just set up one block -- that way lots of my friends and family were in the same place and we got to spend a lot more time with them than if they'd been scattered around Dallas.
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotel-blocks-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ad918572-16ab-4ae3-b9b8-e108738e4567Post:ed61230f-a405-4236-bcb3-7713a2d96d94">Hotel blocks?</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I have started pre-searching for hotels to block out rooms for my OOT guests and was wondering what everyone else did. Both my ceremony and reception will be at Bell Tower Chapel and Garden in FTW. I was think it would be nice to book a few hotels at multiple price points, potentially one in the stockyards (i'm originally from West Texas so I know everyone would adore it there) but i'm not sure. Any suggestions?
    Posted by mpayette[/QUOTE]

My wedding was at the YWCA in downtown FW, and I had a room block at the Holiday Inn Express ($109, free parking, free breakfast, and a free shuttle within 3 miles -- I knew my relatives would not want to drive if they didn't have to) and Embassy Suites ($129/night).

Similarly to the PP, I only created the Embassy Suites block because my MIL thought it was fancier/better and everyone would rather stay there. In the end, all the rooms at my HIE block were booked and none at the Embassy Suites were. I have no idea where all of my IL's OOT family stayed -- they must've found something on their own.

I didn't look into the Stockyards hotels only because the downtown hotels were closer to the reception, I think. I know my guests would have loved that, though, so I kind of wish I had!
  • My hotel block was at the exact same hotel as Professor's.  They were cheaper than a lower end chain across the street; another bride here said that they were great with her, but I couldn't get them to give me the time of day.  Things change. 

I had a great experience with the Doubletree so any Hilton brand will probably be the same way.

We have our prom every year at the Worthington and I'm sure they would be great to work with as well.  There is also a brand new Omni down by the convention center, but I would contact them very quickly so that you can be sure that they are someone you do or don't want to work with.  There is also an Embassy Suites downtown and a very nice Hilton; the drill team has stayed at the Hilton for a couple of years now and they got a very good rate (like $100 a night). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards