Wedding Etiquette Forum

Please humor me

One more post about upgrades.  That's it, I swear.

Please pick.
two years!
after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
Pregnancy Ticker
Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart

Re: Please humor me

• ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    #3 because I am a fan of sweets and don't like wine.
  • martini bar sounds awesome
  • I said apps and martinis, because usually when I go to a wedding I go crazy on the apps and alcohol at the beginning, but by the end of the night when the sweets are brought out, I feel like I'm going to die from all that I ate/imbibed before and just the sight of them makes me feel a little ill.

So I'd prefer extra cocktail party gluttony. :)
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • ONE and robotface!
  • I voted apps and martini bar. I'm jealous of your wedding based on this poll alone.
  • I love martinis and since it's Maggiano's, I voted for 2 apps instead of a side, because I figured a side would be more pasta.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Def one with a martini bar! I think either one of those would be good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Haha, thanks Jasmine!

Mandy--the sides would probably wind up being garlic mashed and some kind of veggie.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • apps and martini bar.  I <3 liquor. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • Specialty martini bar!  I lurve martinis.
  • The martini bar sounds really good to me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dang I am in the minority.
  • Two apps and a martini bar - no contest.
    10-10-10
  • I change my mind! Their garlic mashed is SO GOOD!
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Hmm, this is very interesting.  I think we were leaning towards martini bar and apps as well--looks like that might be the final choice!

Plus, cocktail hour is at 7, dinner is at 8, so I think people will be hungry because it's late-ish. 
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Apps and martini bar.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Whatever you do, I think the martini bar should be involved.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Anything with the martini bar. Their martini's rock.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_please-humor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9b65ed0-41d2-4117-a97a-eb3654b25e23Post:77ca43fc-6ee2-43c4-8266-09cb67ecf990">Re: Please humor me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anything with the martini bar. Their martini's rock.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Hey, yeah, didn't you get this?  Can you tell me more about it?  Did you have the open bar package, too? Was it overkill?

(Sorry, but when I asked my venue to tell me more about it, they were like "It's...a bar?  With martinis?")
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_please-humor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c9b65ed0-41d2-4117-a97a-eb3654b25e23Post:adcae0e0-d05e-46e9-8225-95be346970e4">Re: Please humor me</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please humor me : Hey, yeah, didn't you get this?  Can you tell me more about it?  Did you have the open bar package, too? Was it overkill? (Sorry, but when I asked my venue to tell me more about it, they were like "It's...a bar?  With martinis?")
    Posted by Brie2010[/QUOTE]

Yep, we did this. We needed to meet the room minimum also---so we added extra sides and the martini bar (the sides were overkill---to be honest, any additional food is, but there's no avoiding it).

We had a premuim open bar to start with---and they just set out a menu with the martini's they made (which, if you ask me, I'm not exactly sure why they couldn't have made them without upgrading to them---assuming the bar is open and all). They were great---but had we not needed to meet the minimum, we wouldn't have done it.
  • Hmm.  Interesting.  Thanks!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Martini bar's are awesome, so jealous, no alcohol at ours, Fi's family rules
    "It is never to late to become what you might have been..."
  • Mmm martini bar.

I want to go to your wedding! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards