California-Los Angeles
Options

Approximate flower cost in Los Angeles

I am newly engaged and have never planned a wedding before.  I am roughly trying to calculate what I can expect to spend on a budget and where.

What are the approximate flower costs for weddings?  What have you guys paid or are going to pay?  Just to help me get an idea.  I have NO clue.

Thanks!

Re: Approximate flower cost in Los Angeles

• Options
    lala90lala90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I am having a small wedding (less than 100 guests) but flowers are a big deal to me--I think they really make a wedding stunning (or not). I went to a few florists and I chose the florist I absolutely loved, not the cheapest and not the most expensive.  My flowers are coming in at about $2300 I think.  If you want a recommendation for a florist, I hightly recommend Bride and Bloom Flowers. Amy has been a joy to work with and she did my friend's wedding which was stunning.

I was talking to my mom's friend the other day and she metioned the photograher is about the same price as the florist, which seems about right.  My photographer is $2500 so it is darn close.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought all of my flowers at the flower mart (I'm talking thousands of them!), and I had probably twice as many flowers as many other people for a fraction of the price.  Plus, I was able to arrange them EXACTLY how I wanted them to look!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nickchicknickchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend at the flower mart? That's what i'm planning to do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Commerce Flowers and I think their prices are GREAT. We had a average size wedding, I think - 170 people.
    I had 18 centerpieces, 4 bouquets, 5 corsages, 9 boutonnieres, flowers for cake and isle, flowers for flower girl and flowers for gazebo - oh and each table had 4 candles too - for 2,500.00.
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard wonderful things about Commerce Flowers...Eddie and Duke have gotten A+++ here!

I actually decided to go to a florist in the flower district so far he was been ok...the mock up was like I wanted I made small tweaks here and there but nothing BIG! I'm hesistant and recommending him till the wedding.

So far I've kept the bill around $1000

8 centerpieces
    2 mothers
    2 fathers
    1 MOH
    2 flower girls
    1 ring bearer
    my bouquet

I have more I just cant remember off the top of my head sorry!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is right around $2,000 and it includes:

7 bouquets
    4 corsages
    10 bouts
    7 flower centerpieces
    7 hurricane vase + candle + flower petal centerpieces
    votives on all tables
    6 sheppards hooks
    flowers down aisle
    flowers on cake

I am using Allie from These Buds a Blooming.  She has been super accommodating  and great to work with so far.  My wedding is on Sunday so I will give a full report then!

http://www.thesebudsablooming.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing non-floral centerpieces. Just personal flowers. I'm trying to keep it under $500, but we'll see! I'm looking for: 8 bouts, my bouquet, 2 BM bouquets and 5 corsages.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    soniatewssoniatews member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

CurlyGirlyGirl

I was thinking about doing the flowermart thing as well, how did it go? It all sounds very intimidating....where to park? How to transport them? When did you have the time to assemble?

Thanks!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The flowermart thing is definitely doable. If you have anyone in your family or friend circle that arranges their own flowers for fun you can save thousands doing it yourself. Strongly suggest the flower market or contact downtoearthcelebrationsatgmaildotcom. They are starting out and give really reasonable packages that include day of planning services and flowers. I highly recommend them. They have been great so far.

Congrats and good luck with your planning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Knottie.
    I know what your going through. I FINALLY  found a photographer for my budget:  www.goesphotography.com and will continue to search for other great vendors.
    Next week are the florist and cake.
    Just want to pass on my post.

good luck,
    jacky

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards