New York-Western

Dance Lessons in Rochester

My fiance and i would like to take dance lessons before the wedding. My dad has also asked me to take lessons so that we're comfortable for our father daughter dance.

Any Recommendatations for places in Rochester or in the Lockport/Buffalo area?

Re: Dance Lessons in Rochester

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check our local community colleges. I took classes through one in Syracuse at OCC.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    The YMCA offers ballroom dance classes, even for non-members.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! Ill check those out.
  • edited December 2011
    Also you can check local continuing education through your local school district.  I know rush-henrietta offers ballroom classes.  We took a few lessons with Inikori Dance Studio.  They are slightly expensive but he offers a lot at his studio.  Here is his website :  http://rocsalsa.com/
    (It's not just salsa...he can do any dance style you like)
  • edited December 2011
    We are taking ours at Aurthr Murray School of Dance In Pittsford. You get 30 mins free for your first lesson. They are kind of pricy ($240.00 for 4 fourty five min lessons) but my fiance and are will feel more comfortable knowing basic steps. (Bring your song with you and they will help you out with dancing too it!) We have our first fourty five min appt tonight!!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards