Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Pies&Cheesecakes, opinions please!

Rather than having a big cake, my dad's wife (who is an amazing cook and baker) will be making our dessert, cheesecakes and pies! I'm trying to put a list together of types:

Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Pecan pie
Rhubarb pie
Strawberry cheesecake
Blueberry cheesecake
Cherry cheesecake
Chocolate cheesecake
Caramel cheesecake
Turtle cheesecake

Any other kinds you would like to see if you were a guest? Or do you think I should have fewer options? Or have plain cheesecakes and allow guests to put on their own toppings? There will be about 300 people.

Re: Pies&Cheesecakes, opinions please!

• edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't like cheesecake or pie ( I hate crust). I think it would be nice to have another option than the 2 and I'm sure your dad's wife could make some suggestions. I think offering 3 pies and 4 types of cheescake would be sufficient.
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't have that much cheesecake. And as PP said, maybe add something else. I'd say 3 or 4 pie flavors, 3 or 4 cheesecake flavors, and maybe 2 cupcake flavors?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not sure you need all those options.  I'd narrow your list and sub in cookies, perhaps.

I suggest making sure there's at least one cheesecake variety as well as one pie variety in each category:

~  fruit (cherry, berry, etc.)

~  chocolate (might be tough to find a chocolate-based pie that doesn't need to be kept cold)

~  seasonal flavors (pumpkin, etc.)

~  something fairly simple - unadorned cheesecake, etc.

Good luck!
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_piescheesecakes-opinions-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:23Discussion:b123a02c-fb0b-4803-8362-bba6bcea6c5bPost:c9cfdebc-b98a-4853-a22c-950647dfe858">Re: Pies&Cheesecakes, opinions please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure you need all those options.  I'd narrow your list and sub in cookies, perhaps. I suggest making sure there's at least one cheesecake variety as well as one pie variety in each category: ~  fruit (cherry, berry, etc.) ~  chocolate (might be tough to find a chocolate-based pie that doesn't need to be kept cold) ~  seasonal flavors (pumpkin, etc.) ~  something fairly simple - unadorned cheesecake, etc. Good luck!
    Posted by Kreskin79[/QUOTE]
    I agree! I like the idea of having plain cheesecake and letting your guests put on their own toppings.
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I think we will do plain cheesecakes with optional toppings, a couple pies, and I will talk to my dad's wife about cupcakes!
  • oliviamarie13oliviamarie13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing the same thing and I think it's a great idea. Not too much cheese cake but we are having desserts instead of cake. My best friend is getting married in November and is having Thanksgiving dinner for her food and is doing apple pie and pumpkin pie and Thanksgiving like desserts. So do what you want and I think options are better than we have a cake and it's only these two flavors or whatever.
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing the same thing. we are having a raspberry cheesecake, pumpkin cheesecake, chocolate swirll cheesecake, and then a few plain ones with a variety of toppings. I have not decided on the pie flavors yet, but will probably keep it at about 5 varieties.
  • LAJ023LAJ023 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    French silk pie!
    image 0 Invited image 0 Attending image 0 Declined image 0 Unknown
    RSVP Date 5/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LAJ- great suggestion! But now I am craving some!
  • edited December 2011
    A lemon flavour of either. We are doing a cheesecake buffet as well :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards