Oregon

IDEAS NEEDED: Rehearsal dinner in portland park?

I'm a DC-resident, planning my wedding in Portland. FMIL is "hosting" the rehearsal dinner after the rehearsal in Downtown Portland. Instead of having all the party cart down to her place in SE Portland, she thought a Tom McCall park would be a good place for a laid back BBQ. The official web site does not list picnic spaces and the city web site does not indicate it is possible to reserve space. Any other ideas for a park or similar budget-friendly space for a relaxed rehearsal dinner for up to 30-40 people?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: IDEAS NEEDED: Rehearsal dinner in portland park?

• edited December 2011
    There's lots of pubs downtown and locally: Widmer, Rogue, McMenamin's
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto the McMenamin's rec.  Also, Old Town Pizza does groups.  Another option, though not as laid back, is Old Spaghetti Factory on Macadam and Bancroft.  They'll let you do a set menu and people can order from that and I think it's only about $10 per person for everything - bread, salad/soup, entree, dessert and soft drinks.

• edited December 2011
    I would not suggest Tom McCall park - right around that time (june 2011) is the rose festival and the park is likely taken up with the carnival and sailors etc

also - the weather here is doubtful and a bbq might be rained out
  • edited December 2011
    Oh yes, it's Rose Festival time!  Def choose someplace else!
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto the Old Spaghetti Factory idea. All of our guests stayed downtown, and many of them took the street car to the restaurant and back.
  • ambermorleyambermorley member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas! Yes, unfortunately it turns out we are getting married the Sunday of Rose Fest weekend. Our rehearsal will be the afternoon after the parade. Yikes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards