Oregon
Options

Oregon Coast Honeymoon

We are going on our honeymoon on the Oregon coast and would love some imput on where to stay, places to visit, eat etc. :)

Thanks !

Anniversary

Re: Oregon Coast Honeymoon

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Gearhart - Stayed at the Gearhart Ocean In (clicky) and had a lovely room. It was a queen studio with a kitchenette. A bit pricey (I think $115 a night?) with a two night minimum. Our room was lovely and very very clean. Great shower! Front desk ladies were friendly. Gearhart is just north of Seaside and has a totally different feel. Mostly just homes and rentals with a gorgeous McMenamins. I think I still have pictures of my stay if you are interested.

Bandon - I love this town. The beach is absolutely beautiful. I didn't see much of the town when I visited last year and it had been many years before that since I had been previously.  The West Coast Game Park Safari is near by that might be something interesting to do.

I love the southern coast, so that is where most of my vote goes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always wanted to rent a beach house for a week or so, and I think a honeymoon is the perfect excuse.  My Fiance wants a cruise, because we've never done one, but a coast house is our back up, in case the budget gets too tight for a cruise. 

Here's a studio for $99/night.   

It's not as pampering as a hotel, but it could give you that 'paying house' feel. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am from the Oregon Coast, and there are so many great places, you really can't go wrong. If you really want to enjoy the beach, I would think more southern oregon coast. My mom says it's called the "banana belt" region, with slightly warmer weather. Either way, even if you plan to go in the middle of summer, bring warm clothes. Highs are usually somewhere in the 60's for the most part, so if that is cool to you, bundle up! There are so many cool coastal shops in almost every town for you and your new hubbs to enjoy, as well as great food, and beautiful vistas. Try to visit a lighthouse for a tour if you can. Many are free or donation, which makes it a cheap but memorable activity. For eats, always ask the locals in their shops. They will pull you away from the touristy (aka not so good), and show you the truly wonderful food, in a quieter area (perfect for newlyweds!)

I don't know how long you will be staying, but many of the state parks and parking lots to the beach require a "day pass", which ranges from $3-5. So keep that in mind when you budget.

I hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to message me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards