Michigan-Lansing

Gifts for Mom/ Dad, Mother in law, and stepmother?

any ideas for gifts for mother/ dad, mother in law, father in law, stepmother???

thanks!

Re: Gifts for Mom/ Dad, Mother in law, and stepmother?

• edited December 2011
    I'm making wedding photo books for my parents and parents-in-law for their gifts from MyPublisher. www.mypublisher.com
    I made a book with them for my husband of my boudior photos for his wedding gift and it turned out beautifully!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To be honest, I mentioned this new tradition to my mom and she was floored that people now get their parents gifts.  She thought it was kind of ridiculous actually.  She said all she wanted "is to see my baby girl happy on her wedding day.  That will be gift enough for me."  Just something to think about.
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Question: Are you supposed to give gifts only if the wedding is being financed by the parents, or do you just do a gift regardless? I think we're going to be stretched pretty thin by then...and idk, it seems kind of weird to me to do a gift. I guess if they were paying for everything, but I kind of agree with emarston. I feel like my mom is going to have the same thought about seeing us get married being enough of a gift.  Maybe I could do something small like a pretty picture frame and then a picture once they come in or something...she would be happy with that I think.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm with you guys on this. We're paying for the entire wedding on our own and don't have much left over. I always assumed the parent gift was customary only if the parents were paying. I hope I'm not wrong!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards