New York

VENDOR REVIEW - SYRACUSE AREA

DJ/Photobooth:  Jammin Beats.  These guys were amazing to work with.  They were quick to respond to my 1,000's of emails, and answered all of my questions.  Our DJ kept everyone on the dance floor all night.  The photobooth was a HUGE hit!  I wanted one from the get go, but was nervous that it wouldn't get the use that I was hoping, but everyone was in that thing.  We went through pictures after, and my gram was in there sooo many times!

Cake/Cupcakes:  Sweet Endings Bakeshop.  AMAZING.  My mom and I found them at a bridal show and were blown away at the flavors in their cupcakes.  Mary was amazing to do business with.  We went a little crazy and had 8!! flavors of cupcakes, and she was comletely fine about it.  We also had her do a small 2 tier cake for cutting and keeping.  The colors and flavors on our wedding day were amazing.

Venue:  Gilfillan's West Hill.
  First off, we booked them after talking to only one other venue.  We only looked at Gilfillan's in person, and they were outstanding!  We cannot say enough good things about Dan.  He went above and beyond what we were expecting.  The food was incredible!!  I know some reviews online say he's a little rough around the edges during the rehearsal and what not, but he gets things done, our wedding went off without a hitch. 

Photographer: Kevin Rivoli.  Kevin was great throughout the whole process.  He was quick to respond to emails and answer questions.  We got married late in the afternoon and the sunset quicker than we were anticipating, but Kevin managed to get all the shots we were hoping to, before we lost light.
282 Invited image
201 Are ready to party! image
81 Are staying at home image

Planning Bio! Pre-Wedding Items for Sale!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
October 2012 - September Siggy: Collage!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: VENDOR REVIEW - SYRACUSE AREA

• Thank you so much for posting this- we are going to look at Gilfilan's tomorrow and I was getting nervous about the reviews I was seeing online.  I really like the look of the venue and thought Dan was charming on the phone.  Good to know that your experience was positive!
  • I'm glad you had a positive experience, but I have to disagree, at least partially. I went to a wedding with last fall that was DJ'd by jammin and I was genuinely embarrassed for the bride (my fiance's's cousin).

The DJ was a real slimeball. He was on the dancefloor doing the electric slide, talking on the microphone like kasey kasem and even the speakers sounded bad. They also had a gigantic tablecloth that said "JAMMIN BEATS" like a billboard. The photobooth looked "home made", and I believe it was.

I have no idea what they paid, but I'm simply avoiding anything like that at all costs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards