Favors
Options

Not having favors?

I'm thinking of not having favors at all. I think they are nice, but to me it just seems like an expense I don't really need. I'm trying to keep our wedding very inexpensive. Will my guests be offended if there are no favors? Are these expected? Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Re: Not having favors?

• Options
    mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I doubt your guests will even notice if you don't have favors. It definitely something you can cut to save money.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Completely optional and not expected.  Save yourself the money.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Favors are completely optional so feel free to cut them to make your budget more affordable.  Your guests will not be offended if they do not get a favor.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not doing favors.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a firm believer that favors are useless junk except edible favors which I think is also useless since 5 seconds later it is gone and anyway you are already feeding your guests probably a meal and dessert.!!!! Whomever thought up the idea should be hogtied and put away. Probably someone with money enough to throw out the windows like confetti at New Years! CANDY BAR is also the stupidest thing I ever heard of. I am doing one because my daughter wants one.... But it's still ridiculous!
  • Options
    sngould1sngould1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this question! I was going to ask it myself. I'm cutting favors as well and wondered if peoople would feel slighted; now I know. =) Good luck to all of you!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    allykev22allykev22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol @ Lynne101! I think favors are stupid too, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for asking this question!  I've been stressing over this same thing.  I had thought they were just a waste of money, but then my Mom said she used to think that too a few years ago but was afraid I probably had to do them anyway because they've become expected.  Such a relief to hear that they're not!  (One less thing on the checklist too!  Score!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing wrong with skipping favors. They are just a nice extra touch. But your guests will most likely not miss them.
  • Options
    harpabbharpabb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we'll skip the favors, too!  I was wondering about that; to me it seems that I've been to weddings were so many favors were left on the tables by guests, and that's just money down the drain.
    I'd rather spend $ on other things.
  • Options
    chezkristenchezkristen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for asking this question.  I have been going back and forth with get or not getting favors.  I think I am going to cut this expense.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards