July 2013 Weddings

Small progress is still progress! (Pic Heavy)

So, while twiddling my thumbs since I can't book anything for another two months, I thought I 'd finally get around to posting a bunch of pics I've been promising :)  

In the DIY spectrum, I've done a few floral mock-ups.  I plan on DIY flowers which will arrive a few days before from Sam's Club.

First, I did a hand-tied BM bouquet.  Actual size will vary, depending on how many BMs I end up actually having.  Presently I was planning on buying 75 in this color and 25 white. (The white ones will be for bouts, corsages, and misc. decor).  Mock-ups use 15.

Next, I made a kissing ball.  I was planning on 150 carnations which should yield 6 balls.  I'll hang them from 30" shepherd hooks I picked up at Dollar Tree.  Afterwards the hooks will be transplanted to our yard.

The final mock-up I did was a cascading bridal bouquet made from lilies and roses.  I'm undecided If I want to use pink roses or white roses.  I'll also have white alstromeria that I could use for filler if needed.  For the real deal I might do more of an upside-down teardrop shape as opposed to an oval.

I plan on putting a photo of my grandmother and FI's grandfather in these small lockets.  I picked up the braclet for $1 clearance at JCP and figured that was cheaper than I could pick up lockets at a craft store so I'm just going to pop the lockets off and sew them on to my bouquet & FI's bout.

I picked up a cute dress on clearance on JCP.com.  I saw it in store and LOVED it when it was full price, but figured for $10 I couldn't pass it up.  It's bigger than FSD's current size, so she'll hopefully grow into it perfect for next summer.  If not (or if she hates it) I can always wear it for a RD dress.  Second photo is of it in packaging with BM bouquet mock-up.

I picked up two of these drink buckets for FSS's b-day cookout this year.  $15 a piece at Walgreens including the stand.  I plan on having them on either side of the aisle with personalized water bottles.  July is hot - gotta keep people hydrated!  FI started using it as an impromptu plant holder until we get our living room done.

I also picked up 5 of each of these LED paper lanterns.  I may leave them as-is or cover them with fabric/silk flowers.  I've seen tons of ideas on pinterest so far.  Yay for Dollar Tree.

Or colors are actually teal & black, so I was considering repurposing some of my black shoes for the RD and/or wedding itself.  Originally I was thinking wedges, since it's going to be outside - but hypothetically I'll be walking down the sidewalk and normal heels should be just fine.  They have hardly been worn so far, and I hate to buy shoes to wear for just one day.

I also already own a petticoat that I was planning on wearing.  I bought it for a costume, but it should still do the trick.

I also have decided that I love Charming Charlie, and found a jewelry set in the style I've wanted in there for probably cheaper than I can make it.  I also think I'll end up visiting there for BM gifts as well - they're affordable but diverse enough I'll feel good about not DIY them all :)

Formerly known as flutterbride2b

Re: Small progress is still progress! (Pic Heavy)

• I love love love all your ideas! I'm totally in love with Charming Charlie. The closest one we have is about 30 mins away, which is probably good or Id be there every day lol. That store is no bueno to my pockets. Just a question, where will you be storing your bouts, flowers and pomanders? I thought about diy'ing mine as well but I don't think I can wait to the last second to make them I hate waiting for anything..and 2..where would I put them all? You have some great ideas! That lil blue dress is really cute too. Id wear it but I think people would think I'm too old for it...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • For the bouts & corsages, I'm debating between one of two things:

A) buying some of the "sturdy" gift/favor boxes from the Dollar Tree and B) saving & cleaning out the clear plastic containers that the small sized salads come in from our local grocery store.  One is obviously more economical than the other, lol.

The bouquets I'll have sitting in a vase but otherwise not enclosed.  

I'm going to transport them in a cooler, and put them in a fridge when we get there.  We're looking at renting a VRBO for either the reception and/or to house the bridal party so the fridge should be fairly empty.  My F-ILs live a few minutes away from our site and have two fridges I can borrow if we don't have enough room where we're staying.  Flowers will probably get put together the day before - maybe while having a girls day movie marathon or something.  Even by myself I should be able to do them all in a reasonable amount of time.

I'm really too old for that dress to, I just hate wasting money.  She'll be 14 though, so hypothetically it should be perfect, haha.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Love it all! Good on you for doing so much yourself! I'd be too chicken to attempt flowers...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • great mocks!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards