Honeymoon Discussions

bermuda in october?

i was thinking of taking my honeymoon on a cruise to bermuda. Im worried the weather wont be warm enough  though...I would leave september 30 but im still worried it will only be in the mid 70s and i prefer 80 at least. Anyone else ever traveled there around that time? 

Re: bermuda in october?

• AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I can tell you about our wedding/honeymoon in Bermuda that was in early May.  I think it can help only because we also had mid-70s weather. 

Honestly, it was beautiful.  I wish it had been a bit warmer, but we certainly weren't lacking for things to do.  We ate, we drank, we went to the zoo/aquarium/museum, lots of forts!, went to Hamilton, St. George and the Dockyards.  We swam with dolphins (in wet suits!).  We went to the beach, sat in the sun, rode pedal bikes (not mopeds) and reeeeelaxed.  The island was also quiet since it wasn't peak season.

We did skip any ocean swimming because the water was a bit too cold.  We were also there just after winter and spring so the ocean hadn't warmed up like it will over the summer.  It could still be an okay temp for you (or it might not be - tough call).

If you want somewhere truly hot, I'd go further south in the Caribbean.  But, if you're okay not spending every waking moment in the ocean, you'll be perfectly comfortable in t-shirts, eating outside, walking around, and lying in the sun.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards