Plus-Sized

AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)

LADIES!
I'm so excited. I was able to buy a few things for the wedding today and yesterday. Here's what I got:

My earrings

A brooch to make my necklace with

Napkins for the reception (I got a set in pink and a set in grey)

Some chocolate nuggets for the tables

And my lanterns for my centerpieces!!! 12 in hot pink and 4 in grey

My only gripe is that the knot shop doesn't ship to Canada. It's totally ridiculous.

Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)

• I LOVE your earrings! They are beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • THANK YOU.
    They are my dream earrings. It's going to take a a lot of will power to not wear them every day hahaha.
  • Exciting!  I'm waiting for a package from the Knot now for stuff I ordered earlier.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • love love love your earrings! :)
    April 2012 March Siggy Challenge - Honeymoon!! Costa Rica
    Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 158 Invited
    image 129 Are Party Rockin!!
    image 23 Will be missing out!
    image 6 Can't find the mailbox!
  • WHO THE EFF IS ELIZABETH?!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Love it!!!!! TK is way stupid.
  • WHAT DO THEY HAVE AGAINST CANADA?
  • so cute! i love the earrings!

and your watch ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:e225e9a7-d99b-4e98-a114-a1911fd7d15c">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHAT DO THEY HAVE AGAINST CANADA?
    Posted by rtzrill[/QUOTE]

IT'S CANADA.  WHAT DO THEY NOT HAVE AGAINST IT?

PS: DRUNKASAURUS has consumed 1 whole bottle of champagne by herself!
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love all your stuff!  I think getting the details is such much fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:e225e9a7-d99b-4e98-a114-a1911fd7d15c">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHAT DO THEY HAVE AGAINST CANADA?

The way you guys speak. It's CRAZY.
  • Where in Canada are you? May be you can ship them to a po box, person or place in the US and take a drive down? you might also want to try to just google the item and try to find the item on a different site. I was born in Canada and live in Western New York and drive up to Toronto every other weekend and the boarder is pretty easy to cross. Hope this helps!

PS: Love the Broach! Please post pics of it as a necklace!

PS December Siggy Rings

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think Canada is awesome, and depending on the outcome of the next presidential election, I might just move there. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:410d6ecb-d5d9-4fd1-bc3e-dce1c0e32f2f">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think Canada is awesome, and depending on the outcome of the next presidential election, I might just move there. 
    Posted by egeurts[/QUOTE]
    So many people say that every 4 years (I did during the GWB years) but I've never actually seen anyone do it. Next time someone IRL says that, I'm going to bet them $100 that they won't. BAM!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:13abecee-f4d6-41bf-89cf-6458b7de5a28">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good for Canada.  Seriously, I advise anyone I can not to order from the Knot's store. Items that were supposed to arrive 3 weeks before my wedding arrived on my wedding date, I couldn't use them, and they refused to credit me. They also cancelled half my order after trying to sell me similar items to the backordered items for three times the cost.
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    That's ridiculous! And terrible that your items arrived on your wedding day and you couldn't use them :(

I can't help but be surprised, ya know? They can't even handle time stamping on a message board! (And it's screwed up AGAIN this morning)
  • Yea, they are extremely slow with shipping and order processing and basically every thing.  I really hope I don't need to order anything in the month or two before my wedding. 

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:dca7178e-e606-43bb-a710-d00f50ef7221">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy) : My theory is the shipping department and IT department are one. 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't doubt it!!!!
  • Hahaha you ladies are funny. I'm glad I'm ordering waaaaay ahead of time. Ibdont think it's gonna take 4 months to get there. I actually found someone in the states to send the stuff too and then they're gonna ship it to my mom :) I don't live in the city where I'm getting married, she does. I will DEFINITELY post pics when I make m necklace. It's gonna be insane.
  • I am from Canada and believe me it is not only the knot that will not ship to Canada.  I have been very frustrated with the whole shopping online system in the last couple weeks.  I have tried to order shoes for my wedding, a bra for my wedding and Christmas presents with nothing but problems.  I don't understand this.  If I am willing to pay the extra shipping, how much harder is it to ship to Canada.  I know if I go to the post office here there is no difference except the cost.
    Sorry for hijacking just to rant but this is a real sore spot right now.
    Your earrings and broach are very beautiful.  Where did you find them?
    imageAnniversary
  • YAY FOR RITZY!
    imageimage
    PS Sig Challenge: Rings
    Sept 2011 Sig Challenge: First Kiss
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:a3cab2f9-b0c6-48f2-8611-e98a52403b58">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am from Canada and believe me it is not only the knot that will not ship to Canada.  I have been very frustrated with the whole shopping online system in the last couple weeks.  I have tried to order shoes for my wedding, a bra for my wedding and Christmas presents with nothing but problems.  I don't understand this.  <strong>If I am willing to pay the extra shipping, how much harder is it to ship to Canada.  I know if I go to the post office here there is no difference except the cost. </strong>Sorry for hijacking just to rant but this is a real sore spot right now. Your earrings and broach are very beautiful.  Where did you find them?
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]
    It really isn't hard. There is a cost difference of course, but it's not significant through USPS. When shipping for my Etsy business, I just pass the cost on to the consumer.  When I ship to Canada, I have to fill out a customs form. NBD; takes me 2 minutes. I imagine it's similar when using UPS and FedEx... costs a bit more, customs form, NBD. I don't get it either.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:a3cab2f9-b0c6-48f2-8611-e98a52403b58">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am from Canada and believe me it is not only the knot that will not ship to Canada.  I have been very frustrated with the whole shopping online system in the last couple weeks.  I have tried to order shoes for my wedding, a bra for my wedding and Christmas presents with nothing but problems.  I don't understand this.  If I am willing to pay the extra shipping, how much harder is it to ship to Canada.  I know if I go to the post office here there is no difference except the cost. Sorry for hijacking just to rant but this is a real sore spot right now. Your earrings and broach are very beautiful.  Where did you find them?
    Posted by rmontpas[/QUOTE]
    I got them from this website <font color="#FF00FF"><a href="http://weddingfactorydirect.com/">CLICKADOO!</a></font> It's awesome. I'll be getting my serving set and flutes from there too!

There are lots of sites that i wanted to use for stuff for my wedding that don't ship to canada, or they do but you have to pay OUT THE BUM for it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:7844f011-4c72-425e-b7c8-f73b948b1f0b">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy) : It really isn't hard. There is a cost difference of course, but it's not significant through USPS. When shipping for my Etsy business, I just pass the cost on to the consumer.  When I ship to Canada, I have to fill out a customs form. NBD; takes me 2 minutes. I imagine it's similar when using UPS and FedEx... costs a bit more, customs form, NBD. I don't get it either.
    Posted by AmethystMSU[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, side small business shipping as mass producer shipping through sites like the Knot are under different postal scrutiny.  There are MANY more forms, tax sheets, etc.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:4c67f538-28f0-4cf0-92c7-c8c0e5a48d89">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy) : The way you guys speak. It's CRAZY.
    Posted by AmethystMSU[/QUOTE]

It's not crazy!  My FI is a canuck, and his voice is SEXY!  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My FH is french-canadian... He talks funny.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_aw-bought-stuff-wedding-pip-heavy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:dd20112b-4add-4945-be94-fc44ce6e8406Post:6378b075-191a-4c02-8c6d-aec5c770be46">Re: AW: I bought some stuff for the wedding! (PIP heavy)</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FH is french-canadian... He talks funny.
    I believe it! ;)
  • Congrats on getting all that stuff!  Everything looks great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards