Illinois-Chicago
Options

reasonable price for Lisle?

We are getting married in January 2011 at the Morton Arboretum. We are trying really hard to budget reasonably. My mom is making my dress, we will do one flower on each table for centerpieces, put together the small bouquets ourselves using wholesale flowers, family friend as minister, ipod music, skipping appetizers, you know, basically living by the 'less is more' philosophy.

Photography has been a pain, however. We don't want much; we considered skipping it altogether, but my folks and my fiance insist that we should at least find someone able to take a few professional looking group pictures and the customary shot of the two of us for the mantlepiece for the next 70 years, as well as at least shots through the short ceremony to keep. I figure we will have enough friends and relatives with cameras to remember the reception by.

However, the best price I have found so far is $900 for 4 hours and the disc of proofs. I doubt we need four hours worth, but I do want the rights to proofs. Anybody know of any decent photographers more affordable than that in Lisle? $900 is just too much for us, and we don't need anything too elaborate.

Re: reasonable price for Lisle?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could try looking for a student photographer at one of the local colleges, I would think that is your best best for anyone under $900 for 4 hours.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that a student photog would be great.  Additionally, when we were looking for someone to take photos for our at-home-reception in the Chicago area (we are having a destination wedding with a party for our family and friends back home), we put an ad on Craigslist and got TONS of offers (and we were willing to pay less than the $900 you listed).  It definitely can be done. 
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We recently used a photographer in South Bend Indiana who is super reasonable and may be willing to travel in. I know she's building her portfolio. We used her for a family shoot but she does weddings and engagement sessions. http://www.bknoxphotography.com/default.html

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards