Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Valentin Imperial Maya

I'm all over the place.

H has decided that having a bathtub in the room is extremely important to him. I'm not complaining. The Catalonia Royal Tulum has no tubs or private jacuzzis in any rooms (which I find odd for an adults only resort.)

I didn't think we could afford VIM, but he's now saying we can definitely afford it.

My questions is, since I already know everyone on these boards that's been really love it, what room did you stay in? If you upgraded your room, was it worth the cost?

Thanks so much!

Re: Valentin Imperial Maya

• Options
    Did you see the pictures on tripadvisor? There's some really good non-professional photos of the tubs there.

Check out prices on cheapcaribbean.com, bookit.com and other travel sites. We found that VIM was actually cheaper than the Catalonia, so we've booked for the VIM. Haven't gone yet (obviously) so I can't tell you if it's worth it or not, though.
  • Options
    We stayed at the VIM in July and had a silver class room. This was perfect for us. From our room we had a view of the resort and a bit of the ocean. It was spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The jacuzzi is between the bathroom and the bed and was large and always clean. We never experienced any gunky stuff like some reviewers complained about.

For us getting the silver over the standard room was perfect. The standard room has a jetted tub vs a real jacuzzi and it isn't in a central location. The emerald rooms have a much fancier tub/shower thing with a fantastic view (supposedly), but it wasn't worth it to us since we spent most of our time on the beach, not in our bathroom.

We almost upgraded to priviledge, but I am so glad we didn't. All it seemed to get people was a private bar (not necessary) and reserved spots at the pool (which we hardly used) and on the beach (rocky side). I'm happy we kept our $100/day for that.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks Gary! We're looking at the silver suite as well. What's the privilege upgrade? Is the beach at VIM rocky?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards