Favors
Options

Candy Bar

Happy Holidays everyone, i am planning on having a candy bar at our wedding reception and i am not sure how many different candy choices i should include.  Also where are some good sites to order bulk candy, and what types do you think would be good for our guests.  We are having around 130 people at the wedding and its in summer.  Last thing is where can i find some cool jars to display the candy in at  a reasonable price, and what are some neat bags/containers for people to take the candy home in.  Thanks for all your help and ideas!

Gillian

Re: Candy Bar

• Options
    Hi Gillian. My FH and I are also venturing out into new territory and doing a candy bar for our favor. With the research and purchases I've made here is the small amount of info I have to share: For candy selection its really just a shot in the dark. I would say try mixing it up and doing both candy that includes chocolate in some form, and also fruity hard and soft candies. With 130 people there will be a wide variety of preferences. You can choose candies that come in bright colors that are close to your wedding colors/ theme or just mix in everything. As far as ordering bulk, I've looked at probably over 50 websites that claim to offer cheap candy and so far nothing compares to buying it from my local Wal-mart or Sam's Club. Unless you're looking into specialty candies, I wouldn't waste time looking to order online. Lastly, I've been scouring garage sales and re sale shops for unique, and cheaply priced, glass containers and found a ton!! If that fails try stores like TJmaxx and Marshalls as I've seen some there for decent prices. As with anything, the fancier you want the containers to be the more you will pay. Good Luck and Congrats!! :)
    (Sorry for typos or run-ons, I tried getting this all out on break at work LOL!)
  • Options
    Happy holidays!  

Your best bet would probably be buying the candies in bulk at a place like Sams Club.  As for jars to display them, you can use anything!  When spring comes along and garage sales start up, check them out.  You can find glass containers for as cheap as a quarter.  Or you can go to Michaels Craft Store around the vase aisle.  They have all kinds of shapes and sizes.  You can have as few or as many different kids as you want.  Make sure there are non peanut options for those who may be allergic.  You can use chocolates, taffy, hard candy, suckers, rock candy, mints, etc.
  • Options
    If you do not want to take on all of the work yourself, contact The Candy Bar Girls, LLC for an awesome candy buffet designed to matched your budget. Serving Southern New Jersey
    www.thecandybargirls.com
    thecandybargirls@gmail.com
  • Options
    The Candy Bar Girls: Vendors aren't allowed to advertise. It's been reported.
  • Options
    katelynmn12katelynmn12 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Metrocandy.com for my candy and you can find some great bowels and jars at TJmaxx.  They always have a great selections.  I just need to find the ladels and scoopers!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not to overtake your thread I promise but just wondering if you have thought about it (FI and I are doing a candy buffet too and we are struggling with this part)..how much candy per person are you doing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "So will you spend the rest of your life with me?
    Will you marry me?"
    Rachel&Steven
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards