Delaware

Rice throwing custom

Are you giving your guests something to "throw" as your leaving the church or ceremony site? Or are you using bubbles or ribbon wands?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rice throwing custom

• edited December 2011
    I'm not any help here.  We're having the ceremony and reception at the same place, so our departure will be at around 12 midnight... needless to say, we won't be doing a rice/bubbles/sparklers farewell.
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sparklers would be fun for your midnight farewell
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing bubbles.  I have seen some beautiful pics with the bride and groom walking through a cloud of bubbles, esp because on a sunny day they reflect a lot of different colors.
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    drinking and sparklers is not a good idea!  :)  I dont trust my childlike friends.
  • dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think we'll be doing anything.  I'm not into throwing anything that needs to be cleaned up and whenever I've been given bubbles at a wedding, I never use them because without a doubt I'd end up with sticky hands, haha

• wicked_faerywicked_faery member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my FI doesn't want to do anything of that nature. i even already have a ton of bubbles...but yea..i'd like sparklers but that sorta freaks him out & fireworks are illegal down here...
    ~~~~June 15th 2011~~~~ Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic My Planning Bio - Updated Nov 2nd
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing our "farewell" as we "leave" the church (tho we are only going around the block and coming back after guests leave for pictures). 

We can't do rice because they don't allow it, and I don't want to do it (or birdseed or bird safe rice, etc) anyway- I don't want rice in my hair that I paid a crapload for, nor in other places (like down my dress).

Ribbon wands are expensive to buy, and I am keeping my DIY to a minimum.  My cousin had them at his wedding, and I will say this:  The ribbons come out of the wand easy, and someone has to clean that up.

Sparklers are nice, but my ceremony will be during the daytime.

Which leaves bubbles.  My mom loves the idea, and I agree with Sparrow, it gives great pics.  My biggest fear with them is the staining- my girls and I are in satin, and if bubbles land on that (or taffeta or pretty much any other nice fabric) it leaves a stain that doesn't come out, and I have heard from other brides that it stays even after dry cleaning.

More than likely, we will end up doing nothing- people have hands and can clap.  Plus, I am on such a tight budget that buying even $50 worth of bubbles that I really don't need is something that I just can't do.
  • Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't feel like getting pegged with hard objects either. I think I'm going to go with fresh or freeze dried rose petals.

I'm staying away from bubbles too but a 6 pack of bubbles is a buck at dollar tree if you have a change of heart.

• edited December 2011
    Never thought about doing petals.  Another option that I have seen done is instead of doing it when you "exit", have guests throw petals at you when you walk back down the aisle as husband and wife.  I have seen photos of this done, and it's really cute!

Thanks for letting me know :)
  • Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're also doing rose petals.  Our thoughts were the same as everyone elses for birdseed and rice.  We'll prob put them in paper cones or a big basket.  

Mattsbride-email me (if you don't mind) where you'll get yours.  Is it a wholesale site? 

• khewesmccoykhewesmccoy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am planning on doing a butterfly release..although that has NOTHING to do with the guests...

Our wedding has NOTHING to do with butterflies, in any way , shape, or form, but I think the pictures will be SO pretty. :)
  • edited December 2011
    That's so cool sounding, a butterfly release.  Good for nature, great photo opp...nice choice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards