Flowers
Options

Michael's for wedding flowers??

I was in Michael's today and noticed that they do weding flowers (silk I suppose).  The lady wasn't there but I did like this idea.

Has anyone had their flowers done by them?  Were the prices reasonable?  Was there a long wait??

I had purchased a book and fell in love with this one bouquet for myself.  I was thinking of taking a coyp of it to her (along with the instructions on what is needed and what goes where) and see if she could do it.

Also, by the checkout there were more floral designs and the sign said that the % off coupons could be used on arrangements!

Re: Michael's for wedding flowers??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_michaels-wedding-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:ea0a9299-1ecc-4720-8ce5-866f23e239e1Post:a8bf5347-493c-4deb-b17d-387cac3641b7">Re: Michael's for wedding flowers??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you actually engaged yet? See here.... remember? You never did answer our inquiries. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_e-photos-tomorrow-but-not-offically-engaged" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_e-photos-tomorrow-but-not-offically-engaged</a>
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

lol
    5/27/12
  • Options
    polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They don't help people who have boyfriends with silk wedding flowers. You be crazy, lady.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_michaels-wedding-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:ea0a9299-1ecc-4720-8ce5-866f23e239e1Post:a8bf5347-493c-4deb-b17d-387cac3641b7">Re: Michael's for wedding flowers??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you actually engaged yet? See here.... remember? You never did answer our inquiries. <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_e-photos-tomorrow-but-not-offically-engaged" rel="nofollow">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_e-photos-tomorrow-but-not-offically-engaged</a>
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

I just asked a simple question about arrangements from Michael's.
  • Options
    cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Maybe we should have known she was BSC by her SN. Phone cards? Who uses those anymore anyways??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_michaels-wedding-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:ea0a9299-1ecc-4720-8ce5-866f23e239e1Post:842a7927-78fc-4a93-a1d3-7b67cceee3a7">Re: Michael's for wedding flowers??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael's for wedding flowers?? : No, you asked about WEDDING flowers. We'll be happy to help you once you're engaged!
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

Why should it matter if I am engaged at this point or not?  I am trying to save money in anyway possible.  It would be nice to present options when the time comes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_michaels-wedding-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:ea0a9299-1ecc-4720-8ce5-866f23e239e1Post:fb0944b2-2a27-4bcb-a1a4-800f896cc841">Re: Michael's for wedding flowers??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe we should have known she was BSC by her SN. Phone cards? Who uses those anymore anyways??
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I worked for the PhoneCompany at one time.  Does that answer your quest?
  • Options
    peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_michaels-wedding-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:ea0a9299-1ecc-4720-8ce5-866f23e239e1Post:514b03af-c6dc-47d0-a824-65d574191392">Re: Michael's for wedding flowers??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Michael's for wedding flowers?? : Why should it matter if I am engaged at this point or not?  I am trying to save money in anyway possible.  It would be nice to present options when the time comes.
    Posted by PhoneCardLady[/QUOTE]

<div>This is defined as preplanning.  In conjunction with the fact that you just had e-pics without being engaged, well, *headdesk*.  </div><div>
    </div><div>How did those work out for you, by the way?  Was your boyfriend blindsided?</div>
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was HIS idea for the e-pics, not mine.  Was he brindsided about the flowers - NO.  Actually he was appreciative that I am thinking about these things now - he doesn't want to be blindsided with the costs later on.

His job does not allow him to just take off and do things like this when he wants to.  Right now if I am out and see something, I try to make a note of it.

So once again I would like to know if anyone used Michael's for their wedding flowers/arrangements?  How were the prices?
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You do realize that costs change over time right?  So the costs you get quoted now will most likely go up.

As for you question...no I have never used Michael's for any flower arranging.  I have bought silk flower stems there for some craft projects.  To really save money it would be to DIY them yourself.  IMO I am not a big fan of silk flowers for weddings...there are plenty of inexpensive real flowers that you could use as well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten funeral flowers from Michaels that worked out well.  But I doubt that helps you. 
    Daisypath Vacation tickers 4 Leaf Clover
  • Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woah, NEY invasion of Flowers. Hi girls! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW YOU GIRLS ARE BEING BIOTCHES TO THIS PERSON... Lighten up for God's sake!
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Probably the best thing is to go to Michael's when the floral lady is there, and ask about their price ranges. Nothing wrong with researching prices in advance.  In my experience, having silk flowers done up to order is just as expensive as using fresh flowers and a florist. 

Save the picture of the bouquet you love, and maybe have yours done up by a professional, then DIY all the other flowers.  You  might could practice on cheap dollar store flowers, then use nicer ones for the wedding.  If you are using silk, they can be done well ahead of time.

If it's going to be a while before you get married, I wouldn't spend any money just yet, just keep putting money aside. Most people with long engagements end up changing their minds and their plans several times before the wedding, on colors, budget, types of flowers, etc...
  • Options
    KettingerKettinger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sending you a private message on this since the majority of the girls here are just being extremely rude to you (which by the way ladies is by far the most unclassy and immature thing those could do who are at the age where they are either engaged or already married).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't answer your question, but i'd like to apologize for all of these bridezillas who are being so nasty and petty.  Maybe you ticked them off in a previous thread or something, but what do they have to lose by give you information?
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Unless you're going to DIY, I wouldn't do Michael's, I think their services are overpriced.

Try aflorals.com and see if you like their selection.  We're thinking of getting our bouts from them.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally didn't like the quality of the silks at Michael's. I def think you could look into more cost effective options because their arranged bouquets are a bit overpriced for the quality. Look into buying the flowers and arranging yourself. Hobby Lobby has great quality silk flowers.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

"When you smiled you had my undivided attention. When you laughed you had my urge to laugh with you. When you cried you had my urge to hold you. When you said you loved me, you had my heart forever."

• Options
    clujan50clujan50 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ya some girls are being way to rude its just a question..sorry i cant help either but not all brides on here are rude hope u have a good day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards